Windows 10: Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10

Discus and support Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I use the volume buttons on the keyboard of my envy x360 laptop (4 years old), the volume changes but is really really slow. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnthonySARROUF, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10

Hello,

Whenever I use the volume buttons on the keyboard of my envy x360 laptop (4 years old), the volume changes but is really really slow. For example, I hit the volume up button twice simultaneously, and after half a second, the volume goes up from 66 to 68, and after a second goes up from 68 to 70. Same for when using volume down.

I tried reinstalling audio drivers, have every update installed, disabled then renenabled action keys from BIOS, and nothing worked.

I did just notice that as soon as the laptop starts, the volume control is fast and responsive, however after couple seconds it slows down again.

Everything else is fine.

Model: hp envy x360 m6

Running windows 10 home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

:)

AnthonySARROUF, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
  3. HP laptop question for windows 7 owners (Help Needed)

I've just reinstalled windows 7 on my dv6 and i cant find the software for the on screen display for the volume, i looked around i found this software but HP QuickTouch but its only for vista so if any one with a HP laptop with windows 7 install could point me in the right way would be a great help thanks

Live OR Die, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10

Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10

1. Volume Change Slow on HP laptop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Volume Change Slow

2. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  3. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  4. Microphone on laptop volume slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone on laptop volume slow: Hi i have been having problems with my mic thats built in to my laptop for some reason whenever i call the person on the other end says its slow volume i changed the microphone volume to 100 and microphone boost to max. But it still wont work can you help me Thanks....
  5. Microphone on laptop volume slow

Microphone on laptop volume slow: Hi i have been having problems with my mic thats built in to my laptop for some reason whenever i call the person on the other end says its slow volume i changed the microphone volume to 100 and microphone boost to max. But it still wont work can you help me Thanks....
  6. Slow HP laptop using Windows 10.

Slow HP laptop using Windows 10.: Laptop is very slow most times when using a browser, Edge and Google Laptop takes up to 10 minutes to start up despite all unnecessary programs disabled.All hardware and software diagnostics report back 100% performance. Reinstalled Windows 10.Apart from throwing away this...
  7. Slow HP laptop using Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow HP laptop using Windows 10.: Laptop is very slow most times when using a browser, Edge and Google Laptop takes up to 10 minutes to start up despite all unnecessary programs disabled.All hardware and software diagnostics report back 100% performance. Reinstalled Windows 10.Apart from throwing away this...
  8. Slow HP laptop using Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Slow Windows 10 HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Windows 10 HP laptop: Hello users, I have purchased a HP laptop 1.5 years back. It is working really slow right from the first day. I am not a heavy user. I just use it for watching movie and MS word. No games. Tried resetting my PC yesterday and removed all HP bloatware, still no success. Also,...
  10. No or very low volume on HP laptop Windows 10,

in Windows 10 Customization
    No or very low volume on HP laptop Windows 10,: After update no volume or very low volume on HP laptop. Playback on You Tube videos very low. Audio from other sources have same problem. Checked sound controls and everything seems to be ok. Volume controls at max...