Windows 10: Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

Discus and support Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OskarJohannesson, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the windows and my keyboard on laptop/spare keyboard. There are no shortcuts and there is nothing I particularly press for this to happen. I play games, I draw and tend to press the numbers from time to time when need to. I do not want the volume to change at random, and it does it at random. When I press a number - say 4 - it

:)

OskarJohannesson, Jan 18, 2022

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jan 18, 2022
  3. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

1. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard - Similar Threads - Volume changes random

2. When I press numbers it pops up random commands

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I press numbers it pops up random commands: when i press number five it refreshes the page and number one key pops up support. I don't know why it keeps doing this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-numbers-it-pops-up-random-commands/0e6b3f5a-32ed-4fec-a395-6f2b5ce0ce50
  3. When I press numbers it pops up random commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press numbers it pops up random commands: when i press number five it refreshes the page and number one key pops up support. I don't know why it keeps doing this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-numbers-it-pops-up-random-commands/0e6b3f5a-32ed-4fec-a395-6f2b5ce0ce50
  4. When I press numbers it pops up random commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random: i tried everything but i cant do it, i updated my drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-volume-up-it-presses-c-button-and/1dc10c78-63ca-457b-a7ae-564f48b9f4bc
  6. Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever i press volume up it presses C button and when i volume down it presses other random: i tried everything but i cant do it, i updated my drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-volume-up-it-presses-c-button-and/1dc10c78-63ca-457b-a7ae-564f48b9f4bc
  7. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard: As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the...
  8. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard: As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the...
  9. When I press numbers it pops up random commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I press numbers it pops up random commands: When i press 1, it pops up support and when i press 3 it pops up ctrl f. I think this happened because I was spamming my keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-numbers-it-pops-up-random-commands/f3ada1d3-a230-48eb-bae6-9594f76c724a
  10. Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine: Hi. This is the first time I've experienced this on Windows 10. Yesterday I noticed that my number 9 (the one with the page up command) on the keypad of my keyboard doesn't work, then today, it would randomly input "999999999999999999999999999999999999999" into fields until I...