Windows 10: volume control keys

Discus and support volume control keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tufty, May 17, 2020.

1. Tufty Win User

volume control keys

HI Folks

i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909.
    However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to fix it?

many thanks

:)

Tufty, May 17, 2020

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, May 17, 2020
  3. Volume Control

Hi, Tobe.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you referring to the system volume control or any other music software that you are using?
    • Are you increasing it using the keyboard arrows or through the dedicated volume button that is present in your system?
    If you are referring to the systems volume control then I would suggest that you increase and decrease the volume by using the lest and right arrow keys and check if the same issue exist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly

Vanessa Sohtun, May 17, 2020
  4. volume control keys

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, May 17, 2020
Thema:

volume control keys

1. volume control keys - Similar Threads - volume control keys

2. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  3. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hello I have Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I connect simultaniously speakers and usb headset, volume control always controls headset only. Even if I choose playback devise as speakers. Could you please advise? Best regards, Mike...
  4. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hi folks, I have a modern keyboard with dedicated volume control keys. I also have both speakers via 3.5 and a headset via USB always plugged into the PC. I swap between the speakers and headset depending on my activity play and work. However, when I use the keyboard...
  5. Volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control: I am unable to mute the volume control button. Can you help? Thanks. Ann Rice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/5617587a-1010-4fb5-8506-ec72b280c74b
  6. Volume Control

Volume Control: I don't know why, but while I was away for a few days, I lost my ability to control my volume from the volume icon on the right side of my task bar. How do I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/c426c29f-bed4-4526-9583-cbd7c92b3868
  7. volume control

volume control: Have windows 10 , works great except cannot increase audio sound which compounds my hearing problem. This happened fairly recently regardless of what I watch .Troubleshoot reports no problems to fix . The computer is ten years old...
  8. Volume control key only responds once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control key only responds once: Hello, The volume/brightness control buttons on the keyboard only respond once and I have to wait for the volume/brightness status pop-up to disappear before the buttons would work again. I used to be able to keep my finger down on the button and change the...
  9. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  10. volume control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume control: volume control on taskbar won't work any longer. can;t right click it either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/volume-control/47395294-f39d-4d4a-bc6e-175d3248ae71