Windows 10: volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games

Discus and support volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed this while playing minecraft and few other games in full screen and the popup volume slider wouldn't appear at the top left corner of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PepperATM, Mar 7, 2021.

1. volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games

I noticed this while playing minecraft and few other games in full screen and the popup volume slider wouldn't appear at the top left corner of the screen while pressing the hotkeys in my keyboard. WinVer says: Microsoft Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) i have done sfc and all the steps for repair and etc. and i have not changed any services at all. Windows 10 Pro x64

submitted by /u/PepperATM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PepperATM, Mar 7, 2021

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Wishing to lock volume control as an administrator

Hello,

You can use Family Safety to monitor the accessed websites, search history, and the apps and games they're opening. Currently, there is no way to control the volume of your device through Family Safety. However, we'd like to suggest in hiding the volume
    control from the taskbar. Here's how you can do this:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard or click Start.
    • On the Cortana search box, type Taskbar Settings and click the result.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn Off the toggle for Volume.
    • Verify that the volume is removed from the taskbar.

Let us know if you were able to hide the volume control.

Ian Ser, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Gregg316 Win User

volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games

Volume control on screen for Grove app

Why is there no volume control on the screen for the grove app? I have to hit the side button and then the volume slide bar comes on the screen. A volume icon should be on the screen. Also, no volume appears on the notification bar. All you see is
    rewind, forward and pause/play w/ the band and song being displayed. Again, you must hot the side bar first.....less touches would be better, IMHO.

Gregg316, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games

1. volume control not appearing in full screen apps/games - Similar Threads - volume control appearing

2. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  3. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  4. Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/killazZooM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwc2o9/volume_bar_missing_when_im_in_full_screen_games/
  5. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps and full screen game interference: When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the icon on the task bar even though the taskbar is NOT visible on the screen....
  6. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  7. game bar volume control overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  8. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  9. Audio source panel appears with volume control

Audio source panel appears with volume control: This wasn't a problem until today, so I must have accidentally pressed something. I'd like to know how to fix it, though. When I use the audio controls on my keyboard, along with the usual UI on the left, this large box appears with where my audio is playing. And I reaaally...
  10. On-screen Position of Volume Control

On-screen Position of Volume Control: I'm using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I hit a volume control button (mute, volume up, or volume down) an on-screen slider is displayed corresponding to the current system volume and what I am doing. How do I get the system to display this slider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix volume bar doesnt show on some fullscreen game