Windows 10: Volume decreases until mute

Discus and support Volume decreases until mute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my daughter's ultrabook, when she starts watching youtube videos the audio continually gets quieter until it is mute. If I open the sound mixer, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3DPiper, Oct 9, 2019.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Volume decreases until mute

On my daughter's ultrabook, when she starts watching youtube videos the audio continually gets quieter until it is mute.
    If I open the sound mixer, I can see the sound from the youtube video is still playing at normal volume. But no sound is coming out of either the built-in speakers or her headset.
    What causes this, and how do you fix it?

:)

3DPiper, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows will now mute volume

I am currently running windows 10. Whenever I use my keyboard to mute volume, my volume just jumps from whatever the volume is at to 100 and then back when i try to click mute again. the volume indicator jumps to 100 but the volume of sound does not increase
    or decrease. All other multifunctional keys for sound work fine such as mute mic, increase or decrease volume. Just not mute volume. Not sure what is going on.

Lee Miyauchi, Oct 9, 2019
  3. volume decreasing

My laptop's volume is automatically decreasing. Even I again increase the volume but again that went to the mute stage.

I have made recovery of the whole system and restart but all are futile toil.

Please help solving the issue.

JAGANNATH MONDAL, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Volume decreases until mute - Similar Threads - Volume decreases until

2. Volume Full or Mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Full or Mute: Issue is volume by pressing buttons moving it up or down or dragging to change it- when it is above 0 anywhere to 100 - the actual volume coming out is exactly the same. When it is 0/mute, nothing comes out. So volume bar doesn't control or influence the actual volume, bar on...
  3. Volume Full or Mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Full or Mute: Issue is volume by pressing buttons moving it up or down or dragging to change it- when it is above 0 anywhere to 100 - the actual volume coming out is exactly the same. When it is 0/mute, nothing comes out. So volume bar doesn't control or influence the actual volume, bar on...
  4. Microphone volume keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume keeps decreasing: I use Windows 11, and recently I am encountering a problem where my microphone volume keeps decreasing automatically whenever I am in a google meet or any other type of meeting. I switched off AGC in microphone properties and have also set "When windows detects communications...
  5. Volume lowers by itself until it mutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume lowers by itself until it mutes: I'm currently on a windows 10, and my volume keeps dropping. It's acting like I'm holding the lower volume button when I'm not. The vertical volume display thing that usually appears when I adjust the volume using the volume buttons is stuck on the screen, saying I'm muted....
  6. volume mute not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume mute not working: When i press the mute volume button on my keyboard, it doesnt mute the volume on my computer. the button isnt the problem though. when i press it, the volume thing pops up in the top left, and shows an x in place of the number thats usually how loud the volume is, so it...
  7. Auto Volume Decreasing

Auto Volume Decreasing: Hello, I am using this Windows 10 computer for about 2 years, but on these few days, the volume on the computer keeps on changing from 50% to 100% and to 50% again and again. Is there a solution to it? Because this is very annoying. Thx...
  8. Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio automatically muting/decreasing to 0: My audio will work when i change the audio level, for about a second, and immediately go back to 0, and no matter what I've tried nothing has helped me so far, i've tried reinstalling my drivers, uninstalling my drivers, and nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any insight...
  9. Volume decreases automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume decreases automatically.: So whenever i plug in my headphones windows automatically lowers the volume. It does't lower the actual volume bar, all the sounds just get a bit quieter (if I'm playing music on the speakers for example, the volume goes all the way up on the volume bar, but as soon as I plug...
  10. Decreasing Screensaver Volume

Decreasing Screensaver Volume: I have a configurable screensaver which allows its sound to be either on or off. Is there a tool that I can use to decrease the screensaver’s volume without muting it or reducing my master volume?...