Windows 10: Volume drop on laptop Can't restore

Discus and support Volume drop on laptop Can't restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Looking for help with a problem with audio. My laptop is only a few months old and in good nick. Last night I was involved in a Skype call with very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kathleenTkaczyk, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Volume drop on laptop Can't restore

Looking for help with a problem with audio. My laptop is only a few months old and in good nick. Last night I was involved in a Skype call with very low sound and had to use headphones' When the Skype call finished , I noticed that the volume on my laptop was very low despite the indicator being at 100 yet the sound through the headphones is perfect.

I did find out that windows reduces volume on other apps during a Skype call so I have changed my settings to stop that for the future. But I cant restore the volume now.

It feels like windows is still reducing the sound as if I am still on a Skype call eg if I play a you tube video clip the sound is normal for a few seconds then drops suddenly to a very low level.

I have tried all the fixes I can find and uninstalled Skype. I am at a dead end and fed up having to use headphones all the time'

Grateful for any suggestions Thank you

:)

kathleenTkaczyk, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 26, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Volume drop on laptop Can't restore

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Volume drop on laptop Can't restore

1. Volume drop on laptop Can't restore - Similar Threads - Volume drop laptop

2. Laptop volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop volume: Hi people. For the last months or so the volume of my laptop sounds lower than it should and used to. But when I play any sound songs, videos... usually the first second sounds right, before going down hard, so maybe it's not a device issue with headphones all works ok. Tried...
  3. Laptop volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop volume: Hi people. For the last months or so the volume of my laptop sounds lower than it should and used to. But when I play any sound songs, videos... usually the first second sounds right, before going down hard, so maybe it's not a device issue with headphones all works ok. Tried...
  4. Laptop volume

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mic volume drops after earraping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic volume drops after earraping: Whenever I crank my gain up to max and do the funny micTM my microphone volume drops. I've been googling for over an hour now and I can't find a working fix. Any advice? submitted by /u/Waeningrobert [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  7. Volume dropping on videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume dropping on videos: I tried following this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-drop-on-laptop-cant-restore/b3f446a8-6d45-42be-bf32-6f41633ff318 but it didn't work. How can I get it to work permanently at a normal level?...
  8. Can't access files to restore onto laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files to restore onto laptop: Here is the sequence of events: 1 OneDrive inadvertently was deleted from my laptop on 4.2.20. 2 I thought that my external hard drive backed up all files but I was wrong. 3 This morning it occurred to me that the files might be online via OneDrive. 4 I accessed OneDrive...
  9. Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dropped laptop, can't even access Safe Mode: hi, i am stuck in a Windows 10 your pc doesn't start correctly > automatic repair > restart > your pc doesn't start correctly loop. i have tried almost everything offered in the blue screen troubleshoot menu just to reach the log in screen. attempting to boot into Safe Mode...
  10. Laptop was Dropped

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop was Dropped: My neighbor was carrying my laptop for me, which was a bad decision on my part. I do keep it in a soft carrying case. Anyway, he accidentally dropped it onto cement ( fell a few feet, as he was in a wheelchair). I immediately checked it out and it appears to be working fine....