Windows 10: volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer

Discus and support volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer. occurs seemingly randomly. anyone else having this? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/doobi1, Nov 17, 2020.

1. /u/doobi1 Win User

volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer

volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer. occurs seemingly randomly. anyone else having this?

submitted by /u/doobi1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/doobi1, Nov 17, 2020

2. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

It still resets to max volume upon notification, but only when the "App volume and device preferences" window is no longer open. (just like the mixer)

If the "App volume and device preferences" windows stays open, the "system sounds" volume does not max out upon notification.

Ocean Skye, Nov 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    how can remove old apps and reset mixer volume ?

It looks as if the only option for an individual item is to rt click an entry and then delete it in the registry editor:

volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer [​IMG]

Reset/removal: it looks as if an answer has been suggested here, with many favourable responses:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-8257264294cf

volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer [​IMG]

Back up before experimenting.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2020
  4. volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer

volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer

1. volume for some apps like chrome and zoom keep auto resetting to max in volume mixer - Similar Threads - volume apps chrome

2. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  3. Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer auto adjust discord volume: Hi, I have a problem with discord volume in the volume mixer. There are two discord slides, one is for a notification mic muted, received msg and the second one is for voice channels. I need one of them more quietly but after I adjust one of them, windows automatically adjust...
  4. Windows volume mixer keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows volume mixer keeps resetting: i had bought 3 gaming laptops before including this one. but 2 of them had no problem with volume mixer. now my current laptop legion 5 pro always resets the volume mixer to max EVERYTIME I CLOSE AN APP. now ive upgraded to windows 11 yet the problem remains. i also have...
  5. Windows volume mixer keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows volume mixer keeps resetting: i had bought 3 gaming laptops before including this one. but 2 of them had no problem with volume mixer. now my current laptop legion 5 pro always resets the volume mixer to max EVERYTIME I CLOSE AN APP. now ive upgraded to windows 11 yet the problem remains. i also have...
  6. Zoom locks the volume mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zoom locks the volume mixer: When i join a call for zoom it maxes volume on the call and makes it impossible to open the volume mixer. i can open it whenever im not in a call. what do i do about this? submitted by /u/bruhmomentium89 [link] [comments]...
  7. volume mixer resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume mixer resetting: I change my volume mixer settings to my preferences, however, when I turn off my computer and turn it back on again they reset to some random sound settings I never changed them to....
  8. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

"System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.: I keep my "system sounds" at a low volume but not muted via the "volume mixer" when i get a notification, the "system sounds" slider resets back to 100%. only while the mixer is closed, not when opened and all system sounds become painfully loud, and a pet bird was startled...
  9. Volume Mixer Keeps automaticly changing the volume

Volume Mixer Keeps automaticly changing the volume: My Volume Mixer keeps auto adjusting my program's volume, and I can't get it to stop. I can be using my computer when all of a sudden a video goes from decent volume to dead quiet. how can I stop this issue?...
  10. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...