Windows 10: volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

Discus and support volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-when-im-watching-a-video-or/65806712-6875-4e0c-81f8-78b6259df092 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by genegene1, May 16, 2019.

1. genegene1 Win User

volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

how can I fix this

:)

genegene1, May 16, 2019

2. [Solved] Speaker volume goes up and down randomly

It happens whenever I listen to music or watch videos, be it from youtube or Windows media player. Most of the times it happens mid song/video. The volume change is noticeable, but not extreme.

misternikitas, May 16, 2019
  3. Sheena M. Win User
    Volume increases and decreases by itself while listening to music on Lumia 520

Hi anandshanker,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, the Volume on your phone increases and decreases by itself while listening to music.

Does the same thing happen if you are watching a video on the phone? Does it only happen with listening to music?

First, try a soft reset by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button for around 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts.

If the issue persists, I would suggest to perform a hard reset. Please create a backup of your phone first. You can find further instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480/en-gb

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., May 16, 2019
  4. volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

Variation in Volume while playing music in Spotify

Hi Macab,

There are several application that control its own volume. In order to have a default variation of volume while playing music or watching videos, you may follow these steps:

1. On the search bar, type sound and press Enter.
    2. Double-click on your playback device and select Advanced.
    3. Un-check Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    4. Select Apply and click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, May 16, 2019
Thema:

volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

1. volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music - Similar Threads - volume goes down

2. Volume goes down automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume goes down automatically: I’ve faced an issue with sound. When I try to increase it by the button on the sound slide, the volume goes down automatically. I tried to troubleshoot it and reset my Windows, then re-installed audio driver. And it really helped but after the Windows update the issue showed...
  3. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen: There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not go into sleep mode but it does. I don`t want to turn off the sleep mode because it is useful because I can leave my PC...
  4. Control the volume of the music in a video made in Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control the volume of the music in a video made in Photos?: I added a song to a video that is made in Photos. I want to be able to control the audio volume of the song, so that you can hear the person in the video clip talking?...
  5. BSOD when watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when watching videos: hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV after a blue...
  6. whatching video and listening music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    whatching video and listening music: Hello I installed 360 total security app on my laptop This program has informed me that there are a few junk files on your laptop and they should be remove to speed up your top laptop. It removed the files and now video and music is not being played on my laptop. Now 67...
  7. BSOD while listening music

BSOD while listening music: Can someone help me with this one? BSOD appeared while I was listening some music trough Windows 10 Groove app. Here is the minidump file link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RNGdf4p_V-wUUZaepOuY_gwE01GeFAnu And here is the WhoCrashed report: On Fri 20/07/2018...
  8. Windows Media Player Won't Let Me Listen to Music At High Volumes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Won't Let Me Listen to Music At High Volumes: So, say I start Windows Media Player at %10 volume, and turn it up to %100. It then auto adjusts the volume to be LESS than %10, and if I put it back to %10 I can't even hear it anymore. I just want to listen to my music at my choice of volume, why the hell does it have this...
  9. PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager

PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager: Ok, i'm not that bad in PC world so i allredy checked some usual causes of this error. Checked all temperatures, they are fine, nothing is overheating. (Speed Fun) Here are my PC spec: Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 @ 3.20GHZ GPU: AMD 7850 1GB Ram: 8GB DDR3 800MHz...
  10. [Sound] Volume automatically goes up when starting watching clips

in Windows 10 Support
    [Sound] Volume automatically goes up when starting watching clips: No matter what application I watch, can be KMPlayer or just a browser's player, when I start the films, volume automatically goes up very high. Sometimes when I pause the film a little bit then resume, volume automatically goes up as well. Do I have to reinstall sound...