Windows 10: Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable

Discus and support Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having constant problems with my Windows 10 computer in the past three days. When I left click the Audio Icon at the bottom right of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SaltyFishHipster, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable

I have been having constant problems with my Windows 10 computer in the past three days.

When I left click the Audio Icon at the bottom right of the task bar, nothing will open, not allowing me to adjust the volume.

I have tried restarting Windows Explorer in the Control Panel, but to no avail.

But, I have heard that on Services, you can adjust the Properties of Windows Audio, however none of the buttons are actually clickable it does not let me change it from Automatic, nor does it let me click Start, Stop, Pause, or Resume

This also goes for the Print Spooler, which is also on automatic. Now my printer does not receive orders to print my important papers.

I would be appreciative of any sort of instructions on how to change this.

:)

SaltyFishHipster, Aug 6, 2019

2. Volume icon wont open

Hi,

Corrupted system files and Windows update components may trigger issues in opening the
    volume icon on your taskbar. For us to rectify your issue, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Choose Taskbar.
    • Under the Notification area, click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Toggle off the Volume option.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Perform steps 1-5, then toggle on the Volume option.

Verify if you will be able to launch the volume icon on your taskbar after performing the procedures above. This will refresh the default settings enabled on your taskbar.

Do not hesitate to reply if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable

1. Volume Icon Does Not Open When Clicked, and Service Status Is Unchangeable - Similar Threads - Volume Icon Does

2. Volume license mak status expires . What does this status expire mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume license mak status expires . What does this status expire mean?: Volume license mak status expires .What does this status expire mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-license-mak-status-expires-what-does-this/3734b1c6-074d-47b8-b1cc-51d3e2287bf2
  3. Action Centre does not open when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Centre does not open when clicking on it: I have tried to open my action centre's notification and volume panel throughout the past day, but nothing bothers to open. What I have tried so far consists of the following:Restarted explorer.exe via task managerSFC and DISM via cmdRe-registering Action Center via...
  4. Action Centre does not open when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Centre does not open when clicking on it: I have tried to open my action centre's notification and volume panel throughout the past day, but nothing bothers to open. What I have tried so far consists of the following:Restarted explorer.exe via task managerSFC and DISM via cmdRe-registering Action Center via...
  5. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  6. will not open up when I click icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    will not open up when I click icon: HP support assist will not stay open when i click on icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-open-up-when-i-click-icon/c385bde1-3838-4017-b238-7d48b71edfde
  7. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  8. clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart: clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart this is temporarily fixed by restarting 'windows explorer' happened on old laptop also, now happens on new laptop (i hate computer, it's 2020...) how to permanently fix? 156547
  9. Open yet minimized program, does not open by clicking on desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Open yet minimized program, does not open by clicking on desktop icon: When I already have a program thats open yet minimized, its in the toolbar at the very bottom with a blue bar below the program icon. I have a browser and OpenOffice. When I click on the desktop icon for the browser, and its already opened and minimzed, it still opens a new...
  10. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...