Windows 10: Volume icon has "x" after windows updates.

Discus and support Volume icon has "x" after windows updates. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I left click it opens the troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nakita Dunmun, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Volume icon has "x" after windows updates.

When I left click it opens the troubleshooter

:)

Nakita Dunmun, Sep 14, 2021

2. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 14, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Volume icon has "x" after windows updates.

Bluetooth and volume icon - Windows 10

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Inconvenience regretted. I would suggest you follow the steps below for volume icon and see if it helps.

Method 1: Restart explorer.exe

• Click Ctrl key + shift key + Esc key to open
      Task Manager.

• Right click on explorer.exe and click
      End task.

• Click Windows key + R, to open run command.

• Type "explorer.exe" and click Enter key.
    Method 2: Manually set icons on notification area

• Press Windows key, go to Settings >
      System
      > Notification & actions > Turn system icon on or off.

• Now you can set icons you want to display on the
      Notification
      area, just click on/off and Exit.
    Method 3: If issue persists try to un-install and install latest Bluetooth driver and check if it helps. To uninstall driver follow below steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions
    Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you

SujataMoktan, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Volume icon has "x" after windows updates.

1. Volume icon has "x" after windows updates. - Similar Threads - Volume icon has

2. Audio has sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio has sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled: ASplit from this thread. Quick Audio setting doesn't show audio devices and audio always have sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled...
  3. Audio has sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio has sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled: ASplit from this thread. Quick Audio setting doesn't show audio devices and audio always have sound icon and x symbol but volume can be controlled...
  4. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?: Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and absolutely...
  5. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?: Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and absolutely...
  6. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

7. Settings folder/icon has black X on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings folder/icon has black X on it: The settings folder/icon when in taskbar search box, and top apps has a black X on it now. Picture tells it all. I've tried deleting Icon cache, plus doing it thru command prompt. SFC scan did find corrupt files and fixed them, but it still remains. I read something about a...
  8. Settings folder/icon has black X on it

Settings folder/icon has black X on it: The settings folder/icon when in taskbar search box, and top apps has a black X on it now. Picture tells it all. I've tried deleting Icon cache, plus doing it thru command prompt. SFC scan did find corrupt files and fixed them, but it still remains. I read something about a...
  9. Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have experienced a red X cross on the volume icon […] This article Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. System tray has no icons for volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2