Windows 10: Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004

Discus and support Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed the latest update to windows 10 version 2004, the volume icon in system tray no longer works. The icon IS there in the system tray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobHCom, Apr 24, 2020.

1. RobHCom Win User

Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004

I just installed the latest update to windows 10 version 2004, the volume icon in system tray no longer works.

The icon IS there in the system tray

hovering over the icon shows the volume level

HOWEVER, when I left click OR right click on the icon, NOTHING happens---it will not open so that I can adjust the volume level

How can I fix this?

THANKS

Opening task Manager and selecting restart windows explorer DOES NOT WORK!!

:)

RobHCom, Apr 24, 2020

2. Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 updates

Same here

Sharma Umakanthan, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 updates

I have EXACTLY the same issue. I click right/left and nothing happens. I have sound (I have pinned sndvol.exe to my taskbar so I CAN change the volume, but I want the ICON in the system tray to launch the sound bar.

I can play music/videos, etc, but I have to use sndvol.exe to change the volume.

Please fix this issue in windows 10 (the latest updates)

DonnaShopper, Apr 24, 2020
  4. zlot Win User

Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004

Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 updates

This was the same issue I faced.

Now it is solved. Watch this video

I'm sorry, but I have to say that this has already been stated numerous times without having to endure the video. It's only a temporary fix for a lot of folks as the problem recurs. Having vented all that, and now that it's a few updates since the original
    post, I, for one, no longer have the problem, and wish the same for others. Happy New Year!

Thema:

1. Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004 - Similar Threads - Volume Icon system

2. After the latest cumulative update from windows 11, icon in the system tray are blinking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the latest cumulative update from windows 11, icon in the system tray are blinking...: Last week ,I have updated the windows cumulative updates, but after that icon in the system tray are blinking/flashing and laptop is getting freeze which is annoying. Please suggest a solution or remove these bug...
  3. After the latest cumulative update from windows 11, icon in the system tray are blinking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the latest cumulative update from windows 11, icon in the system tray are blinking...: Last week ,I have updated the windows cumulative updates, but after that icon in the system tray are blinking/flashing and laptop is getting freeze which is annoying. Please suggest a solution or remove these bug...
  4. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working: I am also having the same problem as another Microsoft user Petercoffee re the volume icon in the task tray does not work. I have to manually go into the volume settings via the Control Panel to adjust every time. I think this likely happened after an MS Windows 10 update as...
  5. My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install: Hi there I had some blue screen issue so I had to re-install my windows 10 prior to that I was running version 2004 but after reinstallation it became 1909 (understandable) however I kept on clicking "checking for updates" it just won't give me the 2004 version updates? Any...
  6. System tray has no icons for volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2
  7. Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004

Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004: Since updating to Windows 10 Version 2004, I can no longer open System Tray icons sound/battery/wifi/notifications/calendar/etc when left-clicking on them. Right-clicking does bring up some options, but not all of them work e.g Right-clicking on notifications and then...
  8. System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update: I'm facing an issue with system tray icons after Windows 10 2004 update. I have updated the windows on my laptop two days ago and since then the icons in the system tray (right side of the taskbar) are not responding to click. When I hover the cursor over the icon, I can see...
  9. Windows is not loading after latest system update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not loading after latest system update 2004: Hi my system is updated to the latest windows update 2004 after that it windows is not loading showing black screen and no actoion ahead. pls help me thanks. Akash...
  10. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....