Windows 10: Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

Discus and support Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes when I restart my PC the volume button doesn't show up in the Task-bar. Some days its there and its fine but other days I cant seem to locate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by darkf0xx, Sep 4, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

Sometimes when I restart my PC the volume button doesn't show up in the Task-bar. Some days its there and its fine but other days I cant seem to locate it and going in and manually disabling it and re-enabling it does nothing. The pictures below show my task-bar without an icon and the next picture shows that its on, I have switched it on and off and it does not appear.

Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar [​IMG]

:)

darkf0xx, Sep 4, 2015

2. Volume Icon missing Windows 10

I too lost the Volume control icon from taskbar.

Click on control panel, then click Taskbar and Notifications from list

Click "Show which icons to appear on taskbar"

Click "ON" at VOLUME

lylepalmer, Sep 4, 2015
  3. I have no volume control for my device Windows 10

Try following

Windows Key+I > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons On or Off > Check whether Volume is ON or not.

Also Select which icons appear on the taskbar > Volume is On or not

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

In that image you posted perhaps this setting (which you have as OFF) should be ON?

Atomcrusher, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Try this. Run those via CMD as admin and restart.

reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "10000" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "20000" /f

TairikuOkami, Sep 4, 2015
  6. darkf0xx Win User
    Theres a volume icon now but I'm not sure if its just one of the times that I restarted with one or not, I will leave this open for a week or so then I will mark as solved if its fixed, thanks a lot +rep.

darkf0xx, Sep 4, 2015
  7. darkf0xx Win User
    I have turned it off an on constantly, it didn't help it, the registry addition that
    TairikuOkami told me to use might have helped though, thanks for answer so fast either way.

darkf0xx, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

I found this answer easier:

Go to "Settings"

Under 'System" "Display"

Change Size of Text to 125%.
    Apply.

When it says "Sign in again for best experience"
    click on "sign out later"

Go back to "Settings" & "System" "Display"
    Change Size of Text back to 100%
    Apply.

This time click "sign out now"

Once your system has restarted the volume icon should be back. *Wink

BARBIGIRL64, Nov 1, 2015
  9. oxfords1 Win User
    Tairiku you are awesome!!!! I copied and pasted your commands in the cmd run and now my volume button doesn't go away. I've been trying for a week or so everything I could find to keep it there. It seems like mine would go away anytime Cortana is on but now I can have Cortana on and my volume button. Thank you so much

oxfords1, Feb 22, 2016
  10. turkanet Win User
    thank you really *Smile

turkanet, Jun 5, 2017
  11. Sorry to butt in (lol) but I to have had this problem and some of the fixes above work but I think some are overkill. I still haven't solved the problem of the volume control icon not showing after a restart or startup. I found a very simple solution but it doesn't make the problem go away, it just helps for that instance. Right click Start button to show context menu, click on Taskbar Manager. Click on Processes tab,(if not already there) and scroll down to the bottom of the list. About 4 or 5 lines up you will see Windows Explorer, highlight that then click refresh, the icon will then reappear. Guaranteed! *Smile

tgavalliere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

1. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar - Similar Threads - Volume Icon appearing

2. my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar: my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar, does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-and-volume-icon-isnt-appearing-on-my/b67ae990-2bf8-4c75-a872-8f99170ffd1b
  3. my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar: my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar, does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-and-volume-icon-isnt-appearing-on-my/b67ae990-2bf8-4c75-a872-8f99170ffd1b
  4. my sound and volume icon isn't appearing on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  6. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  7. taskbar volume control icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar volume control icon: cannot adjust volume from taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-icon/79214b7a-9a50-4e39-925c-968b6aa8fc5b
  8. volume icon on taskbar

volume icon on taskbar: how can I get the volume icon on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/789fe288-c5d8-49ac-a0d9-31a2b1797ee4
  9. Volume Icon on Taskbar

Volume Icon on Taskbar: When I click on the volume icon on my taskbar; it is unresponsive. How do I rectify this issue? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/a1c4d685-07ad-4c82-ab97-5f055c74be66
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...