Windows 10: Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

Discus and support Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The volume icon shows the status or levels of sound on your PC. When you mute the volume, the icon shows muted symbol with a cross mark beside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 13, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11 Volume-icon-shows-Mute-even-when-sound-is-not.jpg
    The volume icon shows the status or levels of sound on your PC. When you mute the volume, the icon shows muted symbol with a cross mark beside it. When it is not muted, we see the Volume icon with levels beside it. Some users are seeing, the volume icon muted even if the sound […]

This article Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 13, 2022
  2. Tjeros Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Tendows Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Apr 13, 2022
  4. Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and
    gives me an option to open or to not open it. I did, and I messed about with it and fixed the problem. However, I am now experiencing the same problem in a different format: the sound keeps muting for a while then unmuting. I tried doing the same thing I did
    before to no avail. The normal volume slider didn't show itself muting, so I opened up volume mixer and it showed all my apps muted. I did not do this. I unmuted them all, but Google Chrome seems to keep muting itself back and then unmuting itself, then muting
    itself etc. It mutes at 1-2 second intervals. I scoured the internet for solutions, and it seems that many have been experiencing this problem. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my sound drivers - nothing. Troubleshooting continues to show "opening
    audio enchancements might help" and most internet suggestions do not work. What do I do?

IoanGrayhurst, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

1. Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Volume icon shows

2. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  3. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  4. master volume stuck at 100% even mute will not turn off sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    master volume stuck at 100% even mute will not turn off sound: just got a brand new PC fresh install of windows, i did my due diligence and updated all drivers and ensured all volume control items such as headset and keyboard have been updated. i cannot adjust the master volume in settings and i feel im about to go deaf from the pings....
  5. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  6. sound mute when I try to change volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound mute when I try to change volume: If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update) MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2) Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio...
  7. Mute Volume Icon doesnt show up on keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Volume Icon doesnt show up on keyboard shortcut: Hi everyone. I know I did delete some of the system font. Now i dont remember which system font i deteled. How I could fix this??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-volume-icon-doesnt-show-up-on-keyboard/fd30f815-b5f6-4f6c-bd45-b97933d02615
  8. Sound Plays Even When Muted

Sound Plays Even When Muted: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13, 9360. I leave my sound on mute but the computer will still make noises (when I try to close a file before saving, that bell noise or videos will start playing on open tabs and their sound can be heard). I have tried...
  9. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...
  10. Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...

Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...: I have ASUS X540LA Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104). I am getting a static sound even when muted. The sound isn't coming through my earphones but is still heard from the pc even with the earphones plugged in. I hear what I expect to hear, and nothing...