Windows 10: Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

Discus and support Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read the comments and the recommendations from the community regarding this particular problem however they are from several years ago and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joesradios, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

I have read the comments and the recommendations from the community regarding this particular problem however they are from several years ago and I just wondered if there was any more recent news that will indicate song changes or some additional measures that can be taken. I have tried the ones that have been listed and I've got anything in removing the volume icon.

I believe it's a hardware issue at this point but I'm not sure and that's why we will take it into have good look by the company that we purchased from. But if there is any new information regarding this dilemma I'd be happy to read your input! Thanks in advance!

For the record I have: Disabled The specified drivers for this particular issue, I restarted the computer from a warm boot and also from a cold boot. I have run the bios set up and have run the diagnostics on the computer and nothing appears to be functioning. The next step is to go on the Dell website and see if their system could find something that may be not working right. But after that then I will be taking it to the repair place for warranty repair.

:)

joesradios, Feb 5, 2020

2. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Feb 5, 2020
  3. EC122 Win User
    Speaker Shortcut Icon Won't Adjust Volume

The speaker shortcut icon was working fine yesterday, today if you click on the icon nothing happens. The picture doesn't change to give you options of sliding to adjust your volume. All the other icons seem to be working just fine. I didn't purposely make
    any changes to any program or my computer that I am aware of. Now the only way to adjust the volume is to adjust from the control panel volume mixer Speaker/Headphone Realtek High Definition Audio which is more cumbersome.

Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

EC122, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

System Volume Icon

I use to have a volume icon in my tray to adjust the sound level. It disappeared. My system volume icon in Windows 7 will not go from the current OFF position to the ON position. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

PeterSpeier, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

1. Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Volume icon away

2. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make volume bar go away?: This new volume bar with a massive pause and prev/next show up in groove music and I want to disable it it's so ****ing annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-volume-bar-go-away/b7c73f98-2c73-445e-8875-f8bc1f1a8963
  3. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make volume bar go away?: This new volume bar with a massive pause and prev/next show up in groove music and I want to disable it it's so ****ing annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-volume-bar-go-away/b7c73f98-2c73-445e-8875-f8bc1f1a8963
  4. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  6. Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust: When I connect my bluetooth headphones they will adopt the sound level of what my output was before (in this case the speaker of my monitor) but windows will say the sound level is actually max (for example windows says the headphones are at 100%, but they are actually at...
  7. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  8. Volume icon will go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume icon will go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop: I have read the comments and the recommendations from the community regarding this particular problem however they are from several years ago and I just wondered if there was any more recent news that will indicate song changes or some additional measures that can be taken....
  9. the volume bar does not go away

the volume bar does not go away: so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now [ATTACH] and i it does not go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-bar-does-not-go-away/070c5aa1-152c-4c83-acf1-6905f845c923
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c