Windows 10: Volume in drive C is reserved by system

Discus and support Volume in drive C is reserved by system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoyalPancake34, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system".

I can access drive D very easily.

Any suggestions how I may access it?

:)

RoyalPancake34, Dec 14, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Windows Couldn't update the system reserved partition

What is your operating system version and build?

What troubleshooting steps have you made?

Open administrative command prompt and run: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

Search for these log files and post with onedrive or a cloud link.
    setupact.log
    setuperr.log

In administrative command prompt run:

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select volume 0
    4) list volume
    5) select volume 1
    6) list partition
    7) select volume 2
    8) list partition
    9) select volume 3
    10) list partition
    11) select volume 4
    12) list partition
    13) exit

Please copy and paste into the post.

zbook, Dec 14, 2019
  3. files and volume -c drive

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know the exact location Path of the empty folder?

When you install Windows on C:\ drive system reserved will automatically create. I recommend do not delete the system reserved volume.

The empty folder which is located on C:\ drive might be system file. If you want to delete or clean the folder I would suggest you to perform disk clean up, it will automatically clean the drive. Visit the below link for Disk clean up

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...up#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-10

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Volume in drive C is reserved by system

System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

Volume in drive C is reserved by system 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Volume in drive C is reserved by system

1. Volume in drive C is reserved by system - Similar Threads - Volume drive reserved

2. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  3. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  4. Extend Volume C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  5. Confusion about boot drive drive lables system reserved is not C

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confusion about boot drive drive lables system reserved is not C: So my PC would not boot and I tried to repair the boot partition with Macrium. Here Macrium wants to know what drive is the active partition. The system reserve is usually only 100 or so meg tiny thing really I am not booting to that right ? The system reserve contains the...
  6. Multiple Volumes in C drive

Multiple Volumes in C drive: Please see the attached image, can I delete the highlighted volumes, will that affect the OS in anyway? I don't know how they got there! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-volumes-in-c-drive/50dba56b-40af-4753-825f-de2c7fbfa7e5
  7. Shrinking volume of c drive

Shrinking volume of c drive: On shrinking volume off c drive free space:600+ gb, the available size for shrinking is 200 mb only . I have tried defragmenting but nothing happened. I want to create a new partition but the max size available for that is only 200 mb. Help!!!!...
  8. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  9. System Reserved on drive other than C.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved on drive other than C.: Hi all, Just installed windows from a usb on to a computer I just built and was just about to stripe two drives together, however one of the drives has a System Reserved partition so I cannot do this. Why did the partition go to that drive and not my C drive? Can I move...
  10. System reserved partition got assigned c:\

in Windows 10 Support
    System reserved partition got assigned c:\: Hello, today i went ahead and turned my pc on. After a bit i noticed that the automatic repair is running, then i got option to restart pc which i did. It happened again and again. After a bit of troubleshooting i noticed that my c drive is now d and d is now e. I went ahead...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume in drive c is system reserved

2. c drive says volume in drive c is system reserved

3. Volume in drive C is System Reserved Volume Serial Number is B8C9-F13C

4. reserved by the system C,
  5. volume in drive c is system reserved windows 7,
  6. what is system reserved volume,
  7. windows volume in drive c is system reserved,
  8. volume in c is system reserved,
  9. volume in drive c is system resrved