Windows 10: Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard

Discus and support Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have noticed that every 5 minutes or so while I am using my keyboard my windows volume overlay will appear and increase by 2. If I don't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuncanHamilton2, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard

I have noticed that every 5 minutes or so while I am using my keyboard my windows volume overlay will appear and increase by 2.

If I don't use the keyboard it doesn't increase.

I've also noticed that it happens more when playing games probably as im using the keyboard more and when it does happen i get a mini pause/freeze in the game. Over time these seem to get worse - a windows restart resets this.

I have tried:

-Disabling all enhancements

-Un-ticking exclusive mode

-Disabling all audio devices except headphones I only use headphones

-Updating sound drivers manually

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

:)

DuncanHamilton2, Jun 2, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 2, 2020
  3. dinkymau Win User
    Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard

Keyboard controls for Volume in Windows 10 DVD Player?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say Windows 10 DVD player, Exactly which app are you using to play the music?
    • Are you getting any popup message when you trying to increase the volume from keyboard?
    For every third party music apps there will be different keys to increase and decrease the volume.

Also, I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard

1. Volume increases slowly as I use keyboard - Similar Threads - Volume increases slowly

2. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  3. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  4. Volume increasing while using headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume increasing while using headphones: I have an issue which only happens when I have my USB headphones plugged in my laptop, this is happening at least once per day or two, this issue causes the volume to increase 1% per frame, when I try to lower it, it increases again. To fix it temporarily, I have to unplug my...
  5. Volume auto increase troubles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume auto increase troubles.: So the other day I bought a JLAB talk microphone and Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headset to replace my older stuff. I plugged both devices in, got the razer drivers installed and everything. Both devices work just fine. Later that night after setting it up, the widget...
  6. Volume increases on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume increases on its own: My laptop was just updated by Windows and it now is constantly turning the volume up. I turn it down, it just turns it right back up. I have tried everything I have seen on other questions and nothing is fixing it. I think it was the update. Please advise. This is using...
  7. increasing the sound volume on the system

increasing the sound volume on the system: How can I turn up the sound... volume on my computer... all seems to be at full but still not loud enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-the-sound-volume-on-the-system/68e232ef-96a9-4079-bef3-203b45276205
  8. Volume with batch increase Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume with batch increase Win10?: Is there a batch cmd with which you can increase the volume? I've heard that you can use the VK_VOLUME_DOWN VK_VOLUME_UP keys for this but I don't know how Lautstaerke mit Batch erhoehen Win10?
  9. Increase audio volume

Increase audio volume: How can I increase the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop more than the volume control on the task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-audio-volume/2e684bd8-1885-44cb-bee3-82caef068e5b
  10. Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.: Hi, Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the software that is playing the audio. When I use the volume keys on my keyboard or adjust the volume in the control panel, it...