Windows 10: Volume Increments on headphones too extreme

Discus and support Volume Increments on headphones too extreme in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones for my PC running windows 10, but the volume increments are too much. The headphone's volume only goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TysonStuurmans, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Volume Increments on headphones too extreme

Hi,

I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones for my PC running windows 10, but the volume increments are too much. The headphone's volume only goes up/down by increments of 6. Even if I use windows to adjust the volume manually it still does this.

For example: If I have the volume set at 24, and I use windows to try to go up to 25, 26, 27 etc, the volume won't actually increase in the headphones until it gets to 30, and then not again until 36, and so on. The problem I'm having is I can't find a happy medium. 30 is too loud for me, and 24 is too quiet, I need it somewhere in-between. Using the volume sliders on websites doesn't appear to have any effect either. The volume will only increase by segments of 6 in the headphones. Is there away to adjust the headphones and get the volume increments to something smaller like 2 or 3? 1 would be ideal.

Thank you.

:)

TysonStuurmans, Feb 13, 2021

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 13, 2021
  3. ken80ny Win User
    N82 volume increment too high

Hi Psychomania,

sorry for the late reply. I have noticed that the volume increment when initiated from the mobile device (the up and down buttons on the right side of N82) is different to the increment using the hands-free ear piece that come in bundle with the sales package.

While each button pressed on mobile device increase the volume by 10%, the increment via hands-free earpiece is 20%! That could be the reason why i am experiencing high volume increment when using the ear piece.

Any idea how to over come this? Is this an accessory hardware problem? or ti can be corrected via software fix?

ken80ny, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Volume Increments on headphones too extreme

Call volume extremely loud and tinny sounding, even on lower volume

Hi, I've recently bought a Lumia 930, and I'm having problems with the volume on the actual call. It sounds extremely tinny and muffled, also it sounds way louder than it should be on that volume. However the sound of the call seems fine when I use the
    loudspeaker or if i use headphones. Could this be a fault with the standard call speaker? Someone suggested something has gotten loose within the phone and no I haven't dropped it or knocked it.

VinylRichTea, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Volume Increments on headphones too extreme

1. Volume Increments on headphones too extreme - Similar Threads - Volume Increments headphones

2. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  3. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  4. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.: The headphone volume is painfully loud compared to the speaker volume. I am lowering/raising the volume every time I need to switch between headphone and the speaker (several times a day). Is there a way to set Win10 to have different volume settings for my headphone and...
  5. My headphones are too loud even at 10 of 100 volume.

My headphones are too loud even at 10 of 100 volume.: Is there anyway of calibrating the max volume of windows? Or EQing my headphones so they are quieter within windows (without third party software, Ive used some before). Ive seen that on some audio devices in the 'Enhancements' tab you have the option to EQ but I dont have...
  6. Headphone/Earphone volume suddenly too low even at maximum

Headphone/Earphone volume suddenly too low even at maximum: Hi all, I'm not sure when the problem exactly began but it's been around a week now. My earphones (some local wired ones) are outputting very low volume compared to before and compared to how loud they are on my phone. I couldn't stand more than 60% volume before but now...
  7. Volume with headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume with headphones: With headphones plugged in, my volume stays at a constant 37 even when attempting to increase the volume. How do I increase the volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-with-headphones/c92bb397-4b5f-4e0e-935a-76eac624fa3f
  8. Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume: Please help, this is getting really frustrating and I think it's getting worse because now I can barely hear despite having my volume all the way up to 100%. I have a windows 10 laptop on Samsung computer, I am using razer kraken headset (Realtek(R) audio) and that's all I...
  9. Sound volume extremely loud

Sound volume extremely loud: I have the issue that my external USB-Soundcard - that works perfectly fine on my main computer - has an extremely high base volume on my work PC. On my main PC I have the volume set to 30, however on my work PC I need to set the very same Soundcard to a volume of 4 or my...
  10. Mic volume extremely low

Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...