Windows 10: Volume indicator upper left of screen

Discus and support Volume indicator upper left of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Quigster, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Quigster Win User

Volume indicator upper left of screen

Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks like this:

Volume indicator upper left of screen [​IMG]

The box is immovable, but only lasts for 5 seconds (I adjusted the length of display to the minimum time allowed). My personal preference is to either move the bar or disable it; I find the location rather bothersome. However, I cannot seem to find any method to relocated the bar or disable it. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions?

:)

Quigster, Mar 8, 2016

2. pop-up that cannot be moved or erased

pop-up mirrors sound volume indicator and cannot be moved or erased--it appears in the upper left corner of the screen and blocks menu on e-mail--the volume indicator seems unstable as it starts flickering and then returns to normal

MartinSicker, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Volume bar stuck on upper left hand side of screen

Hi Isaac,

This issue might occur due to the conflicts of third party applications. I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode with networking and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

Unplug external devices connected to the computer expect
    keyboard and mouse.

From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
    Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.

In this page select troubleshoot
    option.

And click on Advance option.

Select Startup setting from advance option.

Here you will find Restart button, just click on it.

In new windows press F5 to login with
    safe mode with networking.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Volume indicator upper left of screen

Hello Quigster Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The solution I found here was quite simple having a volume control right on the keyboard that adjusts the sound level rather then the need to open up either the Creative Audio Console Launcher or the silder control hidden from view in the System notification area.

How's this one for comparsion to your's? The problem is it simply won't stay onscreen long enough to even try moving it around while never a problem to begin with when opting to use the volume knob on the keyboard used here. Azio Levetron L70 LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard (KB501)

I wouldn't know of any other way to prevent that without a direct intervention in the System Registry itself which wouldn't be advised! The lengthy tabs springing out from the lower right side of the screen can actually be more of annoyance you simply have to live with in 10 then something that flashes for only a few seconds at the most.

The only other alternative besides having a keyboard like that is simply pinning a shortcut to either the onboard sound's or sound card's app where that has a sound mixer with volume control. You would need to open that and then close it yourself rather then simply seeing the slider control vanish in seconds on it's own. I did that here with the Creative Entertainment Audio Console Launcher seeing it pinned on the main taskbar

Night Hawk, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

Volume indicator upper left of screen

1. Volume indicator upper left of screen - Similar Threads - Volume indicator upper

2. Display of numbers on upper left of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of numbers on upper left of the screen: Hi, We are having the numbers and letters displayed on the upper left of the screen and it does not go away. Not sure how they come up also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-of-numbers-on-upper-left-of-the-screen/47b44bf1-2254-413b-bb4d-8a66234be993
  3. Display of numbers on upper left of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of numbers on upper left of the screen: Hi, We are having the numbers and letters displayed on the upper left of the screen and it does not go away. Not sure how they come up also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-of-numbers-on-upper-left-of-the-screen/47b44bf1-2254-413b-bb4d-8a66234be993
  4. Display of numbers on upper left of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  6. White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?: [ATTACH] There's some white bar in the corner of my desktop. I've had this issue for a little while, but it's been kinda on and off. I can drag it around sometimes, but I'm trying to right now and nothing's happening. I believe it has something to do with my desktop icons,...
  7. Volume Indicator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Volume Indicator: So, I get this weird window on youtube (just chrome) when I adjust my wolume and was wondering how to get rid of it. I did some research and there is a virus that goes undercover as chrome.exe (which is a legitimate program) and I'm not getting pop ups and I ran a malware...
  8. black volume indicator on top left screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black volume indicator on top left screen: Laptop Acer Spin SP515-51N, Windows10 Home 64-bit V.1803 17134.441. Since about 1 week I got a black volume indicator on the upper left corner of my screen. It shows up from the start and minimises the volume permanently to 0. The indicator ist manually movable but even...
  9. small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor: This happened arbitrarily a few moments ago. I have rebooted, no difference. The only thing that could have happened is my kitten could stepped on a key. Nothing else has changed. My HP laptop was purchased new a few months ago....
  10. black screen with blinking line in upper left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with blinking line in upper left corner: I am running windows 10, from windows 8. Free download. I was usinf Skype, and the sound went off. I tried to restart my desktop, and after upgrade and restart, screen just black with blinking line. What to do to repair windows 10? Please advice. Best regards, John From...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume indicator upper left of screen missing