Windows 10: Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider

Discus and support Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My computer volume doesn't change regardless of moving the slider. It has the same volume from 1-100. (it turns off at 0) I tried uninstalling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Egrey, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Egrey Win User

Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider

Hi. My computer volume doesn't change regardless of moving the slider. It has the same volume from 1-100. (it turns off at 0) I tried uninstalling the audio drives and rebooting to no avail. I am running a 64 bit version of windows 10.

:)

Egrey, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Ross Win User

Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

3. Pavan_N Win User
    speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider

Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

What are the differences in the quality of sound output when the volume is changed in the following environments:

• Windows 10 volume slider in bottom-right corner
    • Media program such as VLC player when playing a music file
    • Media program such as Spotify when streaming music

Is there any difference between the 3, e.g., would turning down the volume using Windows 10 volume slider be any different from turning down the volume using the VLC inbuilt volume slider?

George Tian, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider

1. Volume is always the same regardless of moving the slider - Similar Threads - Volume always same

2. Windows 10, volume is not consistent at the same slider position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, volume is not consistent at the same slider position: Greetings. My volume is currently set to 30% on the slider and is loud. When I decrease the volume with keyboard, it is drastically quieter at 28%. Then I increase it to 30% and is quieter than before at 30%. Is there a way to fix this? Driver is Realtek HD....
  3. Windows 10, volume is not consistent at the same slider position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, volume is not consistent at the same slider position: Greetings. My volume is currently set to 30% on the slider and is loud. When I decrease the volume with keyboard, it is drastically quieter at 28%. Then I increase it to 30% and is quieter than before at 30%. Is there a way to fix this? Driver is Realtek HD....
  4. Windows 10, volume is not consistent at the same slider position

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Performance slider regardless charning/discharging state...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance slider regardless charning/discharging state...: Hi there is there any way of forcing Windows 10 1903 to keep the power slider under battery applet to stay on selected performance profile and NOT automatically changing it after plugging/unplugging Surface Pro into/from the wall? For now Windows remembers the performance...
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  10. Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change: I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having...