Windows 10: volume issue with certain games

Discus and support volume issue with certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So certain games (in steam), like shovel knight has a normal volume, but with games like witcher 3 and skyrim, i have to turn the volume WAY up to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by win10issues, Aug 19, 2020.

1. volume issue with certain games

So certain games (in steam), like shovel knight has a normal volume, but with games like witcher 3 and skyrim, i have to turn the volume WAY up to be able to even hear anything. Of course I've made sure that the in-game volume is turned up, I've also alt-tabbed out of the game to make sure the game's volume in the volume mixer wasn't turned down by the game somehow.

What to do?

:)

win10issues, Aug 19, 2020

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 19, 2020
  4. volume issue with certain games

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

volume issue with certain games

1. volume issue with certain games - Similar Threads - volume issue certain

2. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  3. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  4. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  5. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  6. Crashing with certain games

7. BSOD_while gaming on certain games only

BSOD_while gaming on certain games only: Getting BSOD with error Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap while playing certain games only. Rest work fine. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsodwhile-gaming-on-certain-games-only/583b8bd2-7ecd-4e98-8c7a-71658ca180c7
  8. Low game volume issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low game volume issue: Hello, after yesterdays update 8/9/2020 I have a problem with the sound of games, the sound in All games is very low.. This issue occurred after the update was made on 8/9/2020.before the sound in the games was fine.. Also when I go to YouTube, the sound is fine. I've tried...
  9. volume issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume issues: My volume keeps going up and down, unable to change volume and troubleshooting says everything is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-issues/6df19979-b61d-4121-bb55-6ea11b951346
  10. No Sound in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound in certain games: Hi, recently I got a problem with my sound systems in few games like Forza Horizon 3 and Rocket league which there is no audio (not all my games though) and it only happens in video games I mean I can play songs watch videos everything and works like a charm. I have tried:...