Windows 10: Volume jumps only when I open this one application

Discus and support Volume jumps only when I open this one application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every single time I click on steam, my volume goes from whatever I had before, to 50. Every time. And I have zero clue how to fix this. It's extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kapprabard, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Volume jumps only when I open this one application

Every single time I click on steam, my volume goes from whatever I had before, to 50. Every time. And I have zero clue how to fix this. It's extremely annoying because when I'm listening to music or talking to friends, they'd go from a fine volume to extremely loud and hurt my ears. I've asked the support team on Steam to help but they said they've never heard of it so they told me to contact windows about it. I've tried everything from disabling and enabling drivers, telling communications to do nothing in the sound settings, updating every driver, and still no difference. This started happening a couple months ago after a windows update. What can I do to fix this extremely annoying glitch??

:)

Kapprabard, Nov 29, 2020

2. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Volume jumps only when I open this one application

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Volume jumps only when I open this one application

1. Volume jumps only when I open this one application - Similar Threads - Volume jumps open

2. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  3. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  4. Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.: Hi! I hope i can find some help here. When i open csgo, the system volume jumps to 100%. Is there anything i can do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-jumps-to-100-when-i-open-csgo/33c1c5df-e3ed-45f0-b490-b247952ee637
  5. Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Jumps to 100%, When I Open CSGO.: Hi! I hope i can find some help here. When i open csgo, the system volume jumps to 100%. Is there anything i can do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-jumps-to-100-when-i-open-csgo/33c1c5df-e3ed-45f0-b490-b247952ee637
  6. Audio in one channel only, for only one application...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in one channel only, for only one application...: I am mystified: My best guess is that the problem is related to Windows option update KB5004296, a couple of weeks ago, because onset of problem coincided. I run Windows 10 Pro and audio through an EVGA NuAudio card, and I watch tv through the MediaPortal interface, through a...
  7. volume jump to 100 after moving to another application, only on earphones.

volume jump to 100 after moving to another application, only on earphones.: after the latest windows 10 update, the volume jumps to full after i pause a video. it does't happen on speakers. happens on dell laptop. i disabled immediate mode in properties, no change....
  8. Sound jumping from one ear to another when adjusting volume while wearing headphones

Sound jumping from one ear to another when adjusting volume while wearing headphones: Hello, i really hope sombody can help with this. The problem i'm having is whenever i'm wearing headphones i notice one ear being a significanty lower/higher volume than the other and whenever i try to adjust the volume using the volume bar one of the following happens: -One...
  9. Applications opening with one click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications opening with one click: Hello, since a recent update to Windows 10, I've noticed that all my applications open with one click. Also, emails within Outlook 365 also open just by selecting an email to preview. I've gone into File Explorer and made sure option to "Double click " was still selected....
  10. if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?: Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but I've got this weird feature where sometimes if I have more than one application that is using sound open at once, the second application will have it's volume lowered and I can't find a way to restore the proper volume level...