Windows 10: volume keeps going silent?

Discus and support volume keeps going silent? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've been having this issue where i'll be playing a game or watching something and my volume will start to fade to where it mutes but as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cleeez, Oct 19, 2020.

1. /u/cleeez Win User

volume keeps going silent?

i've been having this issue where i'll be playing a game or watching something and my volume will start to fade to where it mutes but as soon as someone speaks in discord or a different audio plays, it will shoot back up to the original volume. i'm not sure how to fix this.

submitted by /u/cleeez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cleeez, Oct 19, 2020
  2. farby Win User

Silent Mode on Nokia Lumia 520

It may be easier to follow this : Just press the Volume key for a moment .. It will bring up the Volume Control Bar at the top of the dispaly.. Just tap on the Ringer (Bell) Icon and it will go in to 'Silent' mode ..Repeating the steps will remove the 'Silent'
    mode and set the Volume back to the earlier level ..

You may refer Pg. 18 of the User Guide for more ...

Capture.JPG

farby, Oct 19, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Tweekism Win User

Silent mode not so silent?

Yeah I've noticed this.

What do you call this little menu you get when you touch the volume rocker, the one with the play/pause, forward, back options?

I'm gunna call it the volume menu in this post. When you hit the silent option in this volume menu, you are effectively doing the same thing as going:

Settings -> Ringtones & Sounds -> Ringer = Off

and yeah with this setting off, Zune keeps its sound, so does movies from the camera (same thing?) and so do games. To make these go silent, you have to slide your actual volume down to 0 with the volume rocker.

Personally I think the ringer SHOULD be separate from system volume, I'd like to turn my games down while leaving the ringer loud. At the moment you can't do this, but thats off topic I suppose.

Tweekism, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. volume keeps going silent? - Similar Threads - volume keeps going

2. Volume slider keeps instantly going down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider keeps instantly going down.: My volume is just not going up. I have tried everything to fix it, even uninstalling the realtech audio driver, but no results. I can easily side up the audio with my fingerit is touch screen but it instantly goes back down. I would appreciate it if anyone had a solution....
  3. Volume slider keeps instantly going down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider keeps instantly going down.: My volume is just not going up. I have tried everything to fix it, even uninstalling the realtech audio driver, but no results. I can easily side up the audio with my fingerit is touch screen but it instantly goes back down. I would appreciate it if anyone had a solution....
  4. Volume slider keeps instantly going down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my volume keep going down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my volume keep going down?: Im not sure what happened but yesterday my volume started messing up after updating my computer, my windows volume is at 100% and when i go on youtube it sounds like it at 100% for about one second before turning down to about 30% but the volume button isnt physically going...
  6. Why does my volume keep going down?

Why does my volume keep going down?: Im not sure what happened but yesterday my volume started messing up after updating my computer, my windows volume is at 100% and when i go on youtube it sounds like it at 100% for about one second before turning down to about 30% but the volume button isnt physically going...
  7. Microphone keeps going silent randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps going silent randomly: I'm not really sure where else to ask so here we go. The problem is that my microphone will randomly go silent, not muted or disabled, just silent and no audio is received. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11, although this problem has happened before changing to...
  8. Microphone keeps going silent randomly

Microphone keeps going silent randomly: I'm not really sure where else to ask so here we go. The problem is that my microphone will randomly go silent, not muted or disabled, just silent and no audio is received. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11, although this problem has happened before changing to...
  9. Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50: Microphone on Webcam volume too low. When I try to increase sound volume in settings the slider keeps going back to 50 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume-adjustment-keeps-going-back-to/f71cc17d-80b6-4693-bf28-da6f78610898
  10. My volume automatically keeps going down to 0.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My volume automatically keeps going down to 0.: Whenever I try to raise the volume slider, it just slides down to 0.It started happening a few days ago. Can anyone pls help? submitted by /u/dubidubidoorafa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gti5aa/my_volume_automatically_keeps_going_down_to_0/