Windows 10: Volume keeps resetting

Discus and support Volume keeps resetting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/pranxter_guy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htqq3w/volume_keeps_resetting/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pranxter_guy, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Volume keeps resetting

/u/pranxter_guy, Jul 18, 2020
  2. johnhawke Win User

After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out.

About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a year, my computer became unresponsive during normal use. After a forced hard reset, I was taken to a black screen with the 0xc00000e error, telling me that a required device was inaccessible. After a quick Google search, I found many answers saying that this problem was because of a corrupted boot record.

I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft. First, I attempted automated startup recovery. This didn't work. Then I attempted to use bootrec to fix the problem. This resulted in the tool telling me that no Windows installations were detected.

I decided then to open diskpart. The disk itself was detected, but whenever I listed volumes, nothing showed up for that disk. No partitions or volumes were listed.

I've since recovered the drive by flashing a Clonezilla image that I had as a backup, so everything is up and running now. However, I am curious as to why this problem keeps happening. I've downloaded the diagnostic tools from Plextor for my disk, and it says that everything is fine. I've also run a Windows memory diagnostic, which has returned no errors.

My assumption is that the hard reset is causing some kind of partition table corruption. But, that still leaves the issue of why the computer is freezing up to begin with unsolved. Any suggestions/possible causes to investigate would be much appreciated!

johnhawke, Jul 18, 2020
  3. El_Mayo Win User
    Samsung S3 keeps resetting

It's resetting before I can get the chance to select factory reset haha I'll have to get lucky that it stays on long enough first

El_Mayo, Jul 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Volume keeps resetting

Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Volume keeps resetting

1. Volume keeps resetting - Similar Threads - Volume keeps resetting

2. Volume keeps resetting when switching apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume keeps resetting when switching apps: I wasn't sure how to title this one, but it keeps happening and is driving me nuts. Whenever I switch apps, or sometimes even tabs, my volume shoots up. I've looked at the volume mixer. I'm on Opera and it's 40. I switch to Discord and it jumps to 48. I reset to 40. I click...
  3. Volume keeps resetting when switching apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume keeps resetting when switching apps: I wasn't sure how to title this one, but it keeps happening and is driving me nuts. Whenever I switch apps, or sometimes even tabs, my volume shoots up. I've looked at the volume mixer. I'm on Opera and it's 40. I switch to Discord and it jumps to 48. I reset to 40. I click...
  4. Windows volume mixer keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows volume mixer keeps resetting: i had bought 3 gaming laptops before including this one. but 2 of them had no problem with volume mixer. now my current laptop legion 5 pro always resets the volume mixer to max EVERYTIME I CLOSE AN APP. now ive upgraded to windows 11 yet the problem remains. i also have...
  5. Windows volume mixer keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows volume mixer keeps resetting: i had bought 3 gaming laptops before including this one. but 2 of them had no problem with volume mixer. now my current laptop legion 5 pro always resets the volume mixer to max EVERYTIME I CLOSE AN APP. now ive upgraded to windows 11 yet the problem remains. i also have...
  6. Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.: Around 2 months ago I bought a Blue Yeti Nano. The first few weeks it did fine, then it started to mess up all the time. I thought it was discord causing it, but whether I'm in a Google Meet, playing games, or just talking, it'll randomly get louder. It's really frustrating...
  7. App volume keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume keeps resetting: When I'm in a discord call, the app volume of everthing goes to 0 every time someone talks. I figured out that I had to go to Sound contorl panel-Communications-do nothing but it's still resetting every time someone talks. (yes, I did click apply when I changed the setting)...
  8. Microphone volume keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume keeps resetting: In the control panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Recording,"My microphone", Levels[ATTACH] i usually have the setting at 97, however recently the volume has been resetting to 66 for no apparent reason after 5-10 mins, even after I move it back to 97 again. I do not have...
  9. App volume and device preferences keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    App volume and device preferences keeps resetting: Hello, So I've been struggling with this issue for a while now. I found that win 10 has in their advanced sound settings the option to allocate different audio devices to certain apps. For example I'm using digital driver cables which let me split the sound of my system...
  10. System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System sounds volume keeps resetting to 100%: I'd like my system sounds slider to stay at 10% of the overall volume. All other volume settings seem to stick. Windows rememebers my overall / winamp / browser etc. volume just fine. Only the system sounds revert to EAR-SPLITTINGLY LOUD at seemingly random times. Sometimes...