Windows 10: volume key function

Discus and support volume key function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new microsoft pro tablet. Its been working fine. Somehow in transport in my briefcase, the volume key on the edge of it has switched its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ExecutiveAsia, Feb 24, 2019.

1. volume key function

I have a new microsoft pro tablet. Its been working fine. Somehow in transport in my briefcase, the volume key on the edge of it has switched its functionality. It now gives me a menu of options such as sign out, switch user, lock, etc. instead of simply adjusting the volume like it used to...

How do I switch its function back to be the volume control key?

:)

ExecutiveAsia, Feb 24, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Feb 24, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 24, 2019
  4. volume key function

Why can't I control the volume with the function volume keys?

Hi Paula,

Damages with the hardware components of your Surface Book 2 can be a possible reason why you are experiencing an issue with using its function volume keys. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to the device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even if you are using the Function key + F5 or F6?
    • Can you manage the volume settings of your Surface Book 2 using the option on the system tray (right side of the taskbar)?

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

volume key function

1. volume key function - Similar Threads - volume key function

2. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  3. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  5. Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly: My F1 to F3 function keys which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.Running: Windows 11 Build 22533.1001 Device:...
  6. Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly: My F1 to F3 function keys which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it also refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.Running: Windows 11 22533.1001 Device:...
  7. Volume function keys f1 - f3 behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume function keys f1 - f3 behaving strangely: My F1 to F3 function keys which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it also refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.Running: Windows 11 22533.1001 Device:...
  8. My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.

My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.: My function keys are not working for some reason. I usually use the volume function keys and the brightness level function keys, F3 F4 F6 F7 but none of them are working. I had this problem before, and when I asked for help I found out its because of the update. I updated...
  9. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  10. How can I assign volume controls to function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I assign volume controls to function keys?: How can I assign audio volume controls to function keys? I want one to be volume up, another to be volume down, and one to be mute? 98837