Windows 10: Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

Discus and support Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pavan AdityaMS, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys or function keys the laptop gets stuck for a min and then later will refresh the entire screen seeming like a complete screen refresh.For the time being, I'm manually using the sound and brightness bars available in the notification pane, but would like to have it fixed from the WIP end ASAP :Attaching my WIP build sta

:)

Pavan AdityaMS, Jan 19, 2022

2. 1215N function keys not working?

I recently purchased a Asus Eee PC 1215N, and reinstalled Windows (the factory install has too much bloatware.)

However I'm finding some of the function keys do not work. Changing brightness works fine with the function keys, but volume and turning off the touchpad doesn't seem to work.

Is there a tool I can install?
    I only used Windows Update for the drivers so far, and I wiped the recovery partition to make more room for the install itself.

I read about something called ATK hotkeys, would that work?

speedy11131, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

Did you press the Fn key then the volume up down key? I have an ASUS K75DE, it came with Windows 8.0 Core. There are no drivers for Windows 10 listed for it. The ATK utility is installed by Windows update for mine. For me I have to press and hold the Fn key to get those special function keys to work. If I don't I just get the normal F4, F5 etc functions. The only function that doesn't work on mine is the touch pad disable. I fixed that by hunting around on the ASUS site and finding a newer ATK utility. It's here on my One Drive if you want it, Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I'll leave it there for a couple of days.

alphanumeric, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

1. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -... - Similar Threads - Volume Keys Brightness

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...: With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys...
  5. Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly: My F1 to F3 function keys which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.Running: Windows 11 Build 22533.1001 Device:...
  6. Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly

Volume function keys F1 - F3 not working properly: My F1 to F3 function keys which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it also refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.Running: Windows 11 22533.1001 Device:...
  7. Volume and brightness keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume and brightness keys not working: Hi, I hope someone can help. I've only recently noticed that my sound and brightness keys/buttons don't work as they should, regardless of whether or not the function button is pressed. I am using Windows 10 Home on my very basic Lenovo laptop which is roughly 1-2 years...
  8. Brightness and all other function keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and all other function keys not working: Hi, I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-and-all-other-function-keys-not-working/3dca5407-b2ed-4ed5-9036-f4f61860ddb4
  9. My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My function keys are not working for the volume and the brightness level.: My function keys are not working for some reason. I usually use the volume function keys and the brightness level function keys, F3 F4 F6 F7 but none of them are working. I had this problem before, and when I asked for help I found out its because of the update. I updated...
  10. Brightness Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness Function Keys Not Working: After updating my laptop to the April 2018 update, I lost several functions to my funtion keys, which includes Ambient light, Battery settings, Project settings, Muting microphone, and most importantly the Brightness settings. How do I fix this so I can use my function keys...