Windows 10: Volume level changes affect all users

Discus and support Volume level changes affect all users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to make it so changing the output volume on one account does not affect others? My wife and I use the same desktop and she prefers the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JaRay, Jan 5, 2021.

1. /u/JaRay Win User

Volume level changes affect all users

Is there a way to make it so changing the output volume on one account does not affect others? My wife and I use the same desktop and she prefers the volume much lower than me. Currently I have to change the volume back up each time she uses it. Is there a way to make it so her volume levels are separate from mine?

submitted by /u/JaRay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JaRay, Jan 5, 2021

2. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 5, 2021
  3. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Microsoft has changed level for volume to show on "horizontal level" not vertical. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear. Right click on speaker icon will give you access to "open volume mixer"

You might use "SFC /scannow" in command prompt-admin

open command prompt-admim, type "SFC /scannow" enter

after it finishes.

restart pc (this step is important....since fixes occur after restart)

Jmarco0921, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Funk3 Win User

Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

Funk3, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Volume level changes affect all users - Similar Threads - Volume level changes

2. Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume level: Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume levelThings that have not made the slightest difference:Everything in the joke of a "control panel" that windows 10 tries to use.Anything in the remnants of the slightly more functional...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  5. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  6. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  7. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  8. Volume Levels Always Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Levels Always Changing: To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself. Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just chatting in a call I've noticed that the audio levels just keep becoming louder for no clear reason. It's gotten to the...
  9. Volume Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  10. Invididual application volume levels change on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invididual application volume levels change on their own: While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does happen, as I don't know the cause. To begin, I'm on Windows 10, and while using my computer, I'll go to play music via Spotify,...