Windows 10: Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.

Discus and support Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Laptop, there is a problem that the audio seems to play at 100% no matter what volume level it is at. For example, if it is on 1% it will still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hashir Minhas, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.

On my Laptop, there is a problem that the audio seems to play at 100% no matter what volume level it is at. For example, if it is on 1% it will still be playing at 100%. It stops playing at 0. I have already tried these things:*Updated, Uninstalled drivers.*Run troubleshooter.*Disabled and enabled audio enhancements.My laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eh0xxx running windows 11.

:)

Hashir Minhas, Dec 2, 2022

2. WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

Hello

I have updated my Dell XPS-13 to Windows 11.

When running on the inbuilt Realtek Audio speakers, now the main volume controls (both the volume control keys and the volume control slider on the taskbar) do not work properly. The mute function works (click mute key or click with mouse on mute icon on taskbar slider). If I put the volume on, however, there is absolutely no change to the volume level through the speakers - i.e. 2% is as loud as 100%. The volume level is quite loud, I would say close to maximum if not at the maximum.

Volume control within individual apps works okay - for example, I can raise or lower the volume within my Plex app using the volume slider within that app. The one exception to this is Spotify (Premium) where, curiously, there is no sound whatsoever*.

If I run the audio through my Sony Bluetooth headphones then all goes back to normal and the main volume controls work again.

My Windows 11 build is up to date. In trying to fix the issue with the in-built speakers so far, following advice provided elsewhere, I have:

• Restarted Windows Explorer
    • Restarted my Audio Services
    • Reinstalled the device driver for the speakers (Realtek Audio) and made sure it is up to date.
    • Run the Audio Troubleshooter
    Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

* This might just be a problem with Spotify, I haven't got around to looking at this yet.

David Morris (david), Dec 2, 2022
  3. m Sam0310 Win User
    Volume struck at 100%

On new Dell Inspiron laptop, Volume Control is displayed in top left corner of screen and won't go away. Volume is stuck at 100%. If I lower the volume, it automatically goes back to 100%. It is as if the volume-up button is stuck on. And also my Volume
    button don't work.

Please help!

m Sam0310, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Funk3 Win User

Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.

Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

Funk3, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.

1. Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop. - Similar Threads - Volume level stuck

2. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  3. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  4. My volume on my HP Laptop is stuck on 0% or 100% sound irrespective of slider level what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume on my HP Laptop is stuck on 0% or 100% sound irrespective of slider level what...: Hi , this issue is regarding the volume on my HP laptop running on Windows 11. I had bought it when it was windows 10 and upgraded it. The volume has been working fine however for the past few months with Windows 10 and Windows 11 however all of a sudden there has been an...
  5. My volume on my HP Laptop is stuck on 0% or 100% sound irrespective of slider level what...

My volume on my HP Laptop is stuck on 0% or 100% sound irrespective of slider level what...: Hi , this issue is regarding the volume on my HP laptop running on Windows 11. I had bought it when it was windows 10 and upgraded it. The volume has been working fine however for the past few months with Windows 10 and Windows 11 however all of a sudden there has been an...
  6. Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume level stuck at 100% on windows 11 laptop.: On my Laptop, there is a problem that the audio seems to play at 100% no matter what volume level it is at. For example, if it is on 1% it will still be playing at 100%. It stops playing at 0. I have already tried these things:*Updated, Uninstalled drivers.*Run...
  7. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  8. Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.

Microphone volume is very quiet. Levels at 100%.: Hello,Yesterday I was in classes online in Zoom and Google Meet and people were saying my microphone is incredibly quiet, the same happened when I tried to play games with friends over Discord. I have gone into the settings menu and turned the slider up to 100% for input...
  9. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  10. Volume Stuck at 100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Stuck at 100: Hi. I am currently having a problem where my audio is stuck at 100, and when i lower it, it slowly goes back up. I already tried restarting (of course), have turned off audio enhancements, and have reinstalled the drivers. Any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/DDKS_...