Windows 10: Volume Levels Always Changing

Discus and support Volume Levels Always Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself. Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IzDevv, Aug 31, 2020.

1. IzDevv Win User

Volume Levels Always Changing

To start I generally use a bluetooth headset with my pc but I dont think its the hardware itself.

Whenever I'm watching shows, playing games, or just chatting in a call I've noticed that the audio levels just keep becoming louder for no clear reason. It's gotten to the point where I'm almost muting the audio on things because it's so loud. Yet there are also times its loud one minute, then its back to normal volume the next and I can't hear it because I turned it down so low. I did also find that if I turn off the headset, refresh the volume bar, and turn the headset back on, that the audio always shows up at 44 even though it was never there. That alone could be the source of the issue but I have no idea where to even begin to fix that

:)

IzDevv, Aug 31, 2020

2. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Microsoft has changed level for volume to show on "horizontal level" not vertical. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear. Right click on speaker icon will give you access to "open volume mixer"

You might use "SFC /scannow" in command prompt-admin

open command prompt-admim, type "SFC /scannow" enter

after it finishes.

restart pc (this step is important....since fixes occur after restart)

Jmarco0921, Aug 31, 2020
  3. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Volume Levels Always Changing - Similar Threads - Volume Levels Always

2. Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume level: Volume on Windows 10 randomly jumping to obscenely loud levels without changing volume levelThings that have not made the slightest difference:Everything in the joke of a "control panel" that windows 10 tries to use.Anything in the remnants of the slightly more functional...
  3. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  4. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  5. Mic volume always changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic volume always changing: i have realtek drivers and i had updated them yet but my microphone volume still changes. its either too loud or too quiet. i searched everywhere and i still cant find it. had this problem ever since i got my pc submitted by /u/Heztant [link] [comments]...
  6. Microphone Volume Level changing

Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  7. Volume level changes affect all users

Volume level changes affect all users: Is there a way to make it so changing the output volume on one account does not affect others? My wife and I use the same desktop and she prefers the volume much lower than me. Currently I have to change the volume back up each time she uses it. Is there a way to make it so...
  8. Volume Mixer always Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Mixer always Changes: Lately, I noticed that the individual volume levels for different applications will change whenever I boot up my PC, wake it up from sleep, or maybe even close some games. Sometimes when I have a game open or am using Discord, the volume levels will all change between two...
  9. Volume Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  10. Invididual application volume levels change on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invididual application volume levels change on their own: While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does happen, as I don't know the cause. To begin, I'm on Windows 10, and while using my computer, I'll go to play music via Spotify,...