Windows 10: Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Discus and support Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NithinAlex, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the detailed peculiarities of volume licence over retail license

:)

NithinAlex, Jun 17, 2020
  2. minangkabu, Jun 17, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues

I'd correct your statement slightly. Windows 10 Pro can be purchased with a retail licence but is often used by companies with a volume licence. The fact it is Pro doesn't mean it is always a volume licence, it could also be a retail licence.

If the retailer builds systems for customers they should give the option to buy Windows 10, Home or Pro. As I said before the licence for the Home edition is the better option for normal home users.

When you bought the system the invoice should have had the Windows 10 licence listed along with a cost and licence key. If it was just provided then they are not doing their job legally.

If you return the system to them be sure to make copies of all your personal files to external storage as they may wipe the hard drive to clean install.

You have the command to check the Windows 10 licence now so if they have the system back and "fix" it you can check again.

neilpzz, Jun 17, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Uninstalled windows 10 Licence but i saved the Product ID and Not the licence code

Hi csandreas1

Do you intend using that licence on another PC?

Log into your Microsoft Account online, do you see that Windows 10 Licence listed there?

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

If you see that listed there, you will be OK . .

Please Note, if you do intend to install that licence on another PC:

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC or Motherboard, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

1. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence - Similar Threads - Volume Licence Retail

2. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  3. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  4. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  6. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  7. Cheap Retail Licence by some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cheap Retail Licence by some websites: Hi,I see a lot of website offering very very cheap activation codes for windows 11. In this particular website its approx 10 USD.https://deltakeys.in/store/windows/oem/windows-11-pro-lifetime-key-oem/My question to this community is if these keys are genuine or not?...
  8. Cheap Retail Licence by some websites

Cheap Retail Licence by some websites: Hi,I see a lot of website offering very very cheap activation codes for windows 11. In this particular website its approx 10 USD.https://deltakeys.in/store/windows/oem/windows-11-pro-lifetime-key-oem/My question to this community is if these keys are genuine or not?...
  9. Volume licence

Volume licence: Hi ,Due to covid 19 which results in work from home My company give me volume license of window 10 and window 7 to use at home I am working well no problem but I had a doubt that if I download any file or do any web search then will it be seen by my company or not....
  10. windows 10 Pro retail licence

windows 10 Pro retail licence: Hi, I wanted to use windows 10 Pro retail license for my business but one of the reseller told me that business can only use volume licensing and using a retail license will be a non compliance. i tried looking up couldn't find any information. can anyone please guide...