Windows 10: VOLUME License turns into Retail

Discus and support VOLUME License turns into Retail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; dear Microsoft Team,I bought a PC and the Windows 10 was activated as KMS Volume Activation/ activated with Organization's License. Then I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MuvinArifin, Jul 22, 2021.

1. VOLUME License turns into Retail

dear Microsoft Team,I bought a PC and the Windows 10 was activated as KMS Volume Activation/ activated with Organization's License. Then I tried to Rearm the License then it says: we cant activated your windows bl bl bla.....Then I clicked Activation Troubleshooting, and it worked, The license of my windows is Now RETAIL.My question, How could this be possible????? Thanks alot.Best Regard.

:)

MuvinArifin, Jul 22, 2021
  2. HarisZul Win User

Upgrade volume licensing to retail

I bought a custom made pc installed with Windows 10 pro but it turn out to have volume licensing. Is it possible to change it to retail?

If possible, how do I go about it and what do I have to purchase?

HarisZul, Jul 22, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Hi Raju,

This is an interesting topic. If the last three letters of your Product ID ends with
    OEM, then your license was issued by manufacturer. These type of licenses cannot be transferred to another computer because it is tied up with the device itself. Otherwise, if it doesn't end with OEM, your copy of Windows is from a retail merchant.
    These licenses can be transferred to another computer. Unless your device was issued by your company, or from an organization, then it could have been activated under Volume licensing.

To be sure, check the type of license you that you have by following these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type slmgr -dli and press Enter.
    • It will show you a pop up box telling you what type of license you are using.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Ado, Jul 22, 2021
  4. VOLUME License turns into Retail

Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

I bought a new laptop an year ago. Now I get the err that my windows license will expire soon. I've checked out some suggestions based on this and apparently I have
    Generic Volume License Key. I want to know, whether I'm supposed to have a
    Retail License if I bought a new laptop? or is it okay to have
    Generic Volume License Ke
    y.

Please help me.

Sohan.Eluri, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

VOLUME License turns into Retail

1. VOLUME License turns into Retail - Similar Threads - VOLUME License turns

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?: I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will just entering a retail product key change it? Thanks in advance :...
  4. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?: I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will just entering a retail product key change it? Thanks in advance :...
  5. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Retail license

Retail license: Hello All, can we use retail license windows 10 pro for Organization? If YES, there is no objection from Microsoft? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/02951d9b-e3f6-4aa6-975f-e1654051e185
  7. Retail license

Retail license: Hello, Retail license windows 10 pro can use for Organization ? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/259bd1b2-9411-4df3-9362-aaac83c5c777
  8. Windows license turned went from Retail to OEM

Windows license turned went from Retail to OEM: I have a dell computer, when I had checked the first time about my license it was retail, but some time later, I don't know when it turned into an OEM? Any help?...
  9. Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?: I bought a new laptop an year ago. Now I get the err that my windows license will expire soon. I've checked out some suggestions based on this and apparently I haveGeneric Volume License Key. I want to know, whether I'm supposed to have aRetail License if I bought a new...
  10. Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume: How to: Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume How to Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume When it comes to purchasing licenses for Windows there are a number of different channels that you can purchase through. The most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows 10 volume to retail

2. windows 10 change from volume license to retail