Windows 10: Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Discus and support Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone have experience volume licensing an app that is sold in the Microsoft Store? I have a scenario here where I have to pre-install a paid app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ToniCipriani, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Does anyone have experience volume licensing an app that is sold in the Microsoft Store?

I have a scenario here where I have to pre-install a paid app on an image, and the app needs to be run from a local account. By far I only managed to manually download the PowerPoint Mobile app and provision that app via DISM in Audit Mode, but I'm not sure how to go by with paid apps.

:)

ToniCipriani, Oct 28, 2018
  2. gpapamih Win User

Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled

Ok so I am trying to figure this out. We have the store disabled through group policy, but would like to give access or deploy a store app to a certain set of users. Is there a way to do this through group policy or just by doing a few steps? Ive been searching around but I cant find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

gpapamih, Oct 28, 2018
  3. jh8z79u5 Win User
    Volume Licensing / Divestment question

Hello,

We are currently going through an asset sale and have a question regarding transitioning when the third-party takes ownership.

The following are charactistics of our environment:

• We are a Microsoft volume licensing enterprise enviroment
    • Deploy the volume license distribution of Microsoft desktop OS's and servers's OS
    • Have centralized KMS Server and implement volume MAC keys (for special purposes)
    What we know the third-party company is:

• Are a lot smaller company
    • They do not have an Enterprise Agreement, no any volume licensing
    • No KMS/MAC licenses
    • They deploy OEM/Product licenses within their enviornment, they enter product keys per device deployment is my understanding
    So we need to eventually remove these computers off our domain, and eventually off our network.

some of my concerns are:

• Would they need to reimage their Servers/Desktops to a FPP (Full Packaged Product) or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) distribution copy of the operating system?
    • The goal is to keep some Servers/Desktops operational, but once removed from our Domain and network the KMS count down begins (I believe 180 days)
    • Can a volume license install of an OS be converted/or have the ability to accept FPP/OEM product keys?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

jh8z79u5, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Extend your reach with offline licensing in Windows Store for Business

Source: Extend your reach with offline licensing in Windows Store for Business | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

1. Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image - Similar Threads - Volume licensing deploying

2. Unable to recover an old MS account with long paid 365 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover an old MS account with long paid 365 license: Unable to recover an MS account with 365 license subscribed but not accessed since 2019. Have original phone number after reacquiring SIM of same number from Spark, have original email address. Will not accept any attempts at resetting the 2017 password. Authenticator not...
  3. Built-in apps get's removed are deploying windows image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in apps get's removed are deploying windows image: Hello,We have created a new windows image with all windows updates up to date and some apps installed. After sysprep, the image is installed on a VM for testing and everything is working fine. However, after deploying the image on an actual machine, some built-in apps are...
  4. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  5. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  8. Paid Upgrade from MS Store 'Partitions' App Missing

Paid Upgrade from MS Store 'Partitions' App Missing: I paid for the optional upgrade to the 'Partitions' App available from the Microsoft Store. The App instructed me to close it and then install the upgrade option from My Library in the MS Store. There is no upgrade or download available....
  9. Windows Store volume licensing

Windows Store volume licensing: We are looking to make use of Windows store and I wonder if it's possible to incorporate volume licensing? I struggle to find anything online so thought i'd try here. Has anyone done this or able to point me to a guide?...
  10. Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled

Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled: Ok so I am trying to figure this out. We have the store disabled through group policy, but would like to give access or deploy a store app to a certain set of users. Is there a way to do this through group policy or just by doing a few steps? Ive been searching around but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Allow organization-managed (offline) licensing and distribution for organizations.