Windows 10: Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Discus and support Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone have experience volume licensing an app that is sold in the Microsoft Store? I have a scenario here where I have to pre-install a paid app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ToniCipriani, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Does anyone have experience volume licensing an app that is sold in the Microsoft Store?

I have a scenario here where I have to pre-install a paid app on an image, and the app needs to be run from a local account. By far I only managed to manually download the PowerPoint Mobile app and provision that app via DISM in Audit Mode, but I'm not sure how to go by with paid apps.

:)

ToniCipriani, Oct 28, 2018
  2. gpapamih Win User

Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled

Ok so I am trying to figure this out. We have the store disabled through group policy, but would like to give access or deploy a store app to a certain set of users. Is there a way to do this through group policy or just by doing a few steps? Ive been searching around but I cant find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

gpapamih, Oct 28, 2018
  3. jh8z79u5 Win User
    Volume Licensing / Divestment question

Hello,

We are currently going through an asset sale and have a question regarding transitioning when the third-party takes ownership.

The following are charactistics of our environment:

• We are a Microsoft volume licensing enterprise enviroment
    • Deploy the volume license distribution of Microsoft desktop OS's and servers's OS
    • Have centralized KMS Server and implement volume MAC keys (for special purposes)
    What we know the third-party company is:

• Are a lot smaller company
    • They do not have an Enterprise Agreement, no any volume licensing
    • No KMS/MAC licenses
    • They deploy OEM/Product licenses within their enviornment, they enter product keys per device deployment is my understanding
    So we need to eventually remove these computers off our domain, and eventually off our network.

some of my concerns are:

• Would they need to reimage their Servers/Desktops to a FPP (Full Packaged Product) or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) distribution copy of the operating system?
    • The goal is to keep some Servers/Desktops operational, but once removed from our Domain and network the KMS count down begins (I believe 180 days)
    • Can a volume license install of an OS be converted/or have the ability to accept FPP/OEM product keys?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

jh8z79u5, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

Extend your reach with offline licensing in Windows Store for Business

Source: Extend your reach with offline licensing in Windows Store for Business | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image

1. Volume licensing/deploying paid apps in the MS Store to an image - Similar Threads - Volume licensing deploying

2. Volume Licensing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume Licensing.: Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem recently where it says my Windows License has expired. I have bought a machine with Windows 10 from a store 3 months ago. Presently, I keep on getting the pop up. Now I seeked help in Microsoft's Community Discord and they said to...
  3. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE: I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts. It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also...
  4. Uninstalling MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Store apps?: How do I uninstall MS Store apps? I tried a lot of bad apps and now everything is in my library, cluttering the UI and making UX terrible. I know I can "hide" them but since I don't intend to ever install them again why can't I remove them permanently? Windows 10 Version...
  5. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE: I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts. It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also...
  6. Volume Licensing

Volume Licensing: When I try to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to get my product key for Microsoft Sql server 2019 I get the error code: 1000 Has anyone encountered this? I am putting in my password correctly I think...
  7. O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license: Client has purchased 75 Dell workstations with windows 10 Pro (OEM License) installed. What I would like to do is take one and install needed programs and updates, create Master image and then push that out to the the remaining 74 workstations. What I'm being told I should...
  8. MS store and apps disappeared

MS store and apps disappeared: Hello! I lost all my microsoft apps. I tried to reset my microsoft store and it just disappeared and all the other apps too. I did that, because it wasn't working correctly and neither was the apps. But now i don't have any of those and I'm trying to find out how to...
  9. Windows Store volume licensing

Windows Store volume licensing: We are looking to make use of Windows store and I wonder if it's possible to incorporate volume licensing? I struggle to find anything online so thought i'd try here. Has anyone done this or able to point me to a guide?...
  10. Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled

Deploying Apps or installing apps when store is disabled: Ok so I am trying to figure this out. We have the store disabled through group policy, but would like to give access or deploy a store app to a certain set of users. Is there a way to do this through group policy or just by doing a few steps? Ive been searching around but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Allow organization-managed (offline) licensing and distribution for organizations.