Windows 10: Volume Limiter for Windows?

Discus and support Volume Limiter for Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit! I hope this is the right place to ask such a question (I've never really used Reddit before), but I am looking for a volume limiter type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlindOfMe, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Volume Limiter for Windows?

Hi Reddit!
    I hope this is the right place to ask such a question (I've never really used Reddit before), but I am looking for a volume limiter type application for Windows 10. By that, I mean either a windows setting or program I can download (Or extension for the new Edge) that prevents sudden loud sounds. For example, browsing the web quite peacefully (With headphones on) and a link takes me to a scareware ad (even though I'm running adguard) that spits out an incredibly loud beep giving me a near heart attack.
    To give an example, SONOS has a feature in their program called Night mode I think that reduces louder sounds and brings them down to the level of other sounds.

Thanks in advance everyone!

submitted by /u/BlindOfMe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlindOfMe, Jun 14, 2020

2. How to set the volume limit in Windows 10

Hi Ethel,

Please try the below steps to set your volume limit:

• Press Windows + X
      and select Control panel.

• Drop down the options in
      view by
      and select category.

• Click on Hardware and Sound,
      Click on Adjust System Volume under Sound.

• Under Main Volume, move the slider up or down to raise or lower the volume.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Rishad K T, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Volume Limiter for Windows?

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Volume Limiter for Windows?

1. Volume Limiter for Windows? - Similar Threads - Volume Limiter

2. Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so...: Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so that recorded rock music is only played back up to speaking-voice level?...
  3. Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so...: Does Windows Photos Legacy intentionally have a limit to how loud the volume can go, so that recorded rock music is only played back up to speaking-voice level?...
  4. Grey indicator in window's volume mixer is exceeding above limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey indicator in window's volume mixer is exceeding above limit: Greetings!As the title says, the grey indicator in the volume mixer is exceeding way beyond my set limit see attached picture below. Is this normal? I supposed not, as I checked my brother's device. My problem is this - audio output is leaking into my microphone, and I am...
  5. Grey indicator in window's volume mixer is exceeding above limit

Grey indicator in window's volume mixer is exceeding above limit: Greetings!As the title says, the grey indicator in the volume mixer is exceeding way beyond my set limit see attached picture below. Is this normal? I supposed not, as I checked my brother's device. My problem is this - audio output is leaking into my microphone, and I am...
  6. Grey indicator in window's volume mixer is exceeding above limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?: I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across a room but it doesn't get very far with a limit. I've tried going to default settings, properties, master volume limit,...
  8. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?: I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across a room but it doesn't get very far with a limit. I've tried going to default settings, properties, master volume limit,...
  9. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Volume Limits of MS Photos?

Volume Limits of MS Photos?: Is there a limit to the number of people MS PHOTOS can handle? Is there a limit to the number of photos in a "folder" that MS PHOTOS can handle. I have 36050 photos in one folder. Not all of the people in the photos appear on the PEOPLE display....