Windows 10: Volume/Media Keys/AHK keys losing focus

Discus and support Volume/Media Keys/AHK keys losing focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro ver. 1909 (fresh install) and I've worked out most of the many issues, but I'm still having trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by synthc, Dec 14, 2019.

1. synthc Win User

Volume/Media Keys/AHK keys losing focus

I just upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro ver. 1909 (fresh install) and I've worked out most of the many issues, but I'm still having trouble with this one.

In Windows 7 with IntelliType, volume control and media keys worked everywhere, but in Windows 10 it seems that some microsoft consoles steal focus and prevent these controls from working while they are focused (regedit and most settings windows, for example).

I've installed IntelliType for the better volume indicator and media key presence and I'm using HideVolumeOSD to get rid of the annoying built-in volume OSD, but these issues were present before installing these two programs.

These microsoft consoles even steal focus from AutoHotkey, preventing all of my custom keys and commands from working.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

:)

synthc, Dec 14, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Turning Regular Keys Into Media Keys?

I met someone who had a mechanical keyboard, I loved it so much I went out and bought one myself. I'm using it now, and the only drawback I can think of is that it doesn't have any media keys at all, just your basic 105 or whatever the number is. I bought the Das Keyboard, this one in particular.

Is there some way of turning a couple of keys into media keys? Maybe like scroll lock or something I hardly ever touch. I just need Next Track, Previous Track, and volume up, volume down would be nice as well. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

OrbitzXT, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Enable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling

Sorta better....

Volume/Media Keys/AHK keys losing focus [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Volume/Media Keys/AHK keys losing focus - Similar Threads - Volume Media Keys

2. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  3. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  4. Fn key/media keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...
  5. volume key function

volume key function: I have a new microsoft pro tablet. Its been working fine. Somehow in transport in my briefcase, the volume key on the edge of it has switched its functionality. It now gives me a menu of options such as sign out, switch user, lock, etc. instead of simply adjusting the...
  6. Windows Media Keys

Windows Media Keys: I have been looking for a fix for this but i can't find one. I use spotify but can't seem to get the pause media key to work. I don't have google music downlaoded and i checked my extensions settings and the keyboard shortcuts but they are all off too. Can someone tell me how...
  7. Media Keys in Spotify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Keys in Spotify: Media keys for Spotify have just stopped working. It is a really useful feature for gamers, you know. I use Microsoft bluetooth keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-keys-in-spotify/d737d76d-36ca-453e-8102-658ec83f064d
  8. Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling: How to: Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling How to Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling in Google Chrome Starting in Google Chrome 75, you can enable or disable the Hardware Media Key Handling flag...
  9. Volume Keys not Working

Volume Keys not Working: Toshiba Satellite model L55-A5226, W10 Anniversary Home. For a while now the sound volume keys don't work at all, neither does mute. I know I can adjust sound other ways, but I like the convenience of using the keys. There have been no recent updates that I'm aware of or...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...