Windows 10: Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

Discus and support Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MatthewTheManiac [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MatthewTheManiac, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

/u/MatthewTheManiac, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 27, 2020
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away... [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

1. Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away... - Similar Threads - Volume media overlay

2. Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows 11. The volume slider popup at the bottom of my screen will randomly appear, and I don't know how to get rid of it. This also comes with a few effects including my cursor disappearing when it's still, videos playing for a fraction of a...
  3. Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows 11. The volume slider popup at the bottom of my screen will randomly appear, and I don't know how to get rid of it. This also comes with a few effects including my cursor disappearing when it's still, videos playing for a fraction of a...
  4. Volume and media overlay is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume and media overlay is missing: Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this...
  5. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only: As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on...
  6. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  7. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  8. How to dismiss Windows 10 volume overlay if it doesn’t go away

in Windows 10 News
    How to dismiss Windows 10 volume overlay if it doesn’t go away: In Windows 10, a volume slider or media overlay appear in the top-left corner of your screen when you change the volume. The feature is handy, especially when you have to change the track of your Spotify playlist or pause a YouTube content in new Microsoft Edge. Windows 10’s...
  9. Stupid Compression Overlay Arrows Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stupid Compression Overlay Arrows Won't Go Away: I tried the method of dealing with this problem @ (Topic), but, it doesn't work. I also tried another method on a different site that used the wrong name for the key (and it didn't make my shortcut overlays vanish, either—which would have been actually undesirable, had it...
  10. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media won't go away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media won't go away: My Hard Drive crapped the bed recently, it was 4 and a half years past warranty so it served more than its fair share of time *Tongue But I grabbed a nice new Samsung 850 Evo SSD, reinstalled windows and all of my stuff (since the disk was in REALLY rough shape I didn't...