Windows 10: Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck

Discus and support Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a A4 4Channel audio mixer and i have it connected to my computer via usb. But when ever i plug it in my volume adjuster at top left of screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by selfishmarrow55, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck

So I have a A4 4Channel audio mixer and i have it connected to my computer via usb. But when ever i plug it in my volume adjuster at top left of screen keeps appearing and getting stuck, I can still adjust audio and the meter changes with it but it wont go away still.

:)

selfishmarrow55, Dec 26, 2019
  2. BlueluPDX Win User

volume meter overlaid at top left of screen; volume stuck at 100%

BTW, strategy #2 didn't work. (I tried it since I didn't want to try #1 without asking first).

Also, BTW, I'm not sure the little box stuck in the upper left corner is a volume control; I think it's just a volume meter. One cannot change it from 100% there by clicking on it, trying to drag it, etc. The only way to change it from 100% is by clicking
    on the icon in the system tray that looks like a speaker. However, altho that volume control will pretend to be adjusted downward (and the volume meter shows the corresponding change), it immediately moves itself back up to 100%. At one point in messing
    around with it, I also found a dialog box that had 2 volume controls; I think one was for speakers and one was for headset. There was a line linking the two, and they could only be moved together -- but they also immediately readjusted themselves to 100%
    (and the volume meter showed the same moves).

BlueluPDX, Dec 26, 2019
  3. BlueluPDX Win User

This has been going on since an August Windows 8 patch. I installed Windows 10 hoping it would fix it, but it has not.

I am running a Lenovo Yoga.

I have a little blue bar inside a black box on the upper left corner of the screen, on top of all other screens. This means, for example, that icons for Outlook, Word, you name it, are covered up if they happen to be in that corner.

The little box, which I am thinking is a volume meter, appears to be connected to the audio volume. It always shows 100%, as does the sound (the little icon that looks like a speaker on the system tray). If I try to adjust the sound to a lower level, it
    puts itself back at 100%. That would be almost OK, because I could just never listen to any audio. But it's not OK that the volume meter at the top left stays on top of everything else.

At one point, in Windows 8, I managed to uninstall the Conexant program, which made the little box go away.

In Windows 10, I can uninstall Conexant, but the little box doesn't go away, and the next time I reboot Conexant has re-installed itself.

I'm about to turn this box into a doorstop.

What IS this annoying little black box, and how can I make it go away?

BlueluPDX, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand that the volume control interface is stuck at the top left part of the screen and I’ll assist you with this.

Let’s Follow the troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s perform Clean Boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update. You may also troubleshoot or determine
    what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Please refer the steps given in the link below to perform a
    Clean Boot
    :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue persists, try the following.

Method 2: Restart File Explorer.

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open
      Task manager.

• Right click on windows explorer and select “end task”.

• Click on “file” and select “start new task”.
    Type explorer.exe and press enter to restart windows explorer.

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck

1. Volume meter at top-left of screen stuck - Similar Threads - Volume meter top

2. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen: Volume bar stuck on the top left of screenRunning Windows 10.This problem has been there for a while.Not there all of the time.Already tried to update sound drivers; disconnect keyboard; run troubleshooter.Thanks....
  3. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen: Volume bar stuck on the top left of screenRunning Windows 10.This problem has been there for a while.Not there all of the time.Already tried to update sound drivers; disconnect keyboard; run troubleshooter.Thanks....
  4. Volume bar stuck on the top left of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top left volume bar: how to remove this annoying volume bar, remove this featureIt appears at top left corner of my screenIt always automatically turns off then turn on the sound and audio when I press some keys like ctrl and F9, it also turns off and turns on the sound...
  6. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top left volume bar: how to remove this annoying volume bar, remove this featureIt appears at top left corner of my screenIt always automatically turns off then turn on the sound and audio when I press some keys like ctrl and F9, it also turns off and turns on the sound...
  7. Top left volume bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. volume meter showing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume meter showing on screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 5477 Touch. The keyboard has volume controls on the upper right side. When I turn volume on/off or adjust the volume up or down, I see the above volume meter on my screen, upper left corner. It remains on the screen for an annoyingly long time. Any...
  9. Volume slider stuck on top left of screen when listening to any audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume slider stuck on top left of screen when listening to any audio: Hey all. As you may have read from the title, when listening to any kind of audio on my pc, the audio slider appears and only goes away when the program is closed. I have noticed this problem occurs every 2-ish times I turn on my pc. While listening to Spotify it will show...
  10. black volume indicator on top left screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black volume indicator on top left screen: Laptop Acer Spin SP515-51N, Windows10 Home 64-bit V.1803 17134.441. Since about 1 week I got a black volume indicator on the upper left corner of my screen. It shows up from the start and minimises the volume permanently to 0. The indicator ist manually movable but even...