Windows 10: Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu

Discus and support Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From yesterday when ever i go to the volume mixer it has been completely black. [ATTACH] The top of my File Explorer has also gone black. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Front Tropic, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu

From yesterday when ever i go to the volume mixer it has been completely black.

Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu 1ba12434-1b27-4295-8662-119426fba041?upload=true.png

The top of my File Explorer has also gone black.

Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu d74c782a-d871-4d76-98e7-572c945d40d3?upload=true.png

I havent made any changes to my themes or colours this has happened out of no where.

:)

Front Tropic, Nov 1, 2020

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Tzunny Win User
    Open Volume Mixer - menu bugged/edited

Hello,

after may update:

"open volume mixer" has been replaced with "open sound settings" in windows 10 may 2019. I use a lot right clicking on volume icon then accessing volume mixer from top of the list menu popup, but after the
    last update this has been droped on 2nd place in menu list and it's freaking useless and annoying and useless!!! Way to FIX IT ASAP?

Tzunny, Nov 1, 2020
  4. ChipHovey Win User

Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu

Windows 10 File Explorer context menu no text

When I right-click on a folder or file to get context menu options, the menu is very narrow, no text shown and the only icon is for menu items which have sub-items.

ChipHovey, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu

1. Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer File

2. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way to always see old file context menu on right click?: The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?...
  3. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Way to always see old file context menu on right click?: The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?...
  4. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  5. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  6. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  7. Volume Mixer and File Explorer Black and Green

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Mixer and File Explorer Black and Green: Windows 10 Started having this problem today and cant seem to find any fixes. Volume Mixer, top of File Explorer and the right click context menu on some programs are completely black. [img] [img] 167492
  8. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Text File" missing from explorer right click context: When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible for this is present, so I don't know what is left to do....
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...