Windows 10: Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows.

Discus and support Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, there's some problem I'm having here. After I was doing a system restore and was getting the sound back, it appears something went wrong. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by H4RP00N 77 0X, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows.

Hey guys, there's some problem I'm having here. After I was doing a system restore and was getting the sound back, it appears something went wrong. I was watching a video and I heard no sound at all. I could hear nothing from a media player or a sound program editor, like Audacity. So yeah, I open up Volume Mixer and Device shows my Headphones/Speaker but looking at Applications, despite having some apps open, the Applications area is blank and I don't know how to even include the System Sounds back. Even updating the Sound Driver at Device Manager didn't work, can't find sound setting in Control Panel. I just don't know how else to get the sound back, which should include all the applications. The computer I'm using is an HP Laptop and the model is 15-bs212wm. So yeah, any assistance can be most appreciated, for I really want my sound back without any technician purposes.

:)

H4RP00N 77 0X, Mar 31, 2020
  2. MrsMMD Win User

No sound on computer -- Volume Mixer Applications section is blank

No sound on computer -- Volume Mixer shows Device: Speakers/Headphones but the Applications section is blank.

Have gone through ALL the "fixes" with HP and with Microsoft, still no sound.

I am a senior with limited application knowledge, so I need a fix in simple language.

MrsMMD, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Tendows Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows.

Sound sources not showing up in volume mixer / app volume controls setting main volume

Hi,

I have noticed strange sound issues with Windows 10 and entries in the volume mixer.

For example, if I use the netflix app, there is no source added to the volume mixer for it. Instead, the Netflix app's volume control merely controls the level of the main sound device, so that if I turn the volume of netflix down, ALL sounds on the computer
    get attenuated as well. Definitely not acceptable.

Using Edge to run sites like Netflix that produce sound results in the same situation: Edge is not showing up in the volume mixer, and in-web-page-app volume controls either control the main sound device volume or their own sound, but never show up in the
    volume mixer.

Apps like Groove Music, however, while they don't show entries in the volume mixer, at least have their own volume control separate from that for the main sound device.

What am I missing? I haven't changed any sound settings other than sometimes switching the source from speakers to headphones and back.

Whether the main playback device is set to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" or not has NO effect on this situation.

Thanks!

LeslieCMiller, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows.

1. Volume Mixer Applications blank and nothing, including System sounds or other apps, shows. - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer Applications

2. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  3. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  4. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  5. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  6. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sound-volume mixer

Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  8. Sound mixer lowers my applications volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound mixer lowers my applications volume: When i start a game somewhere while im on discord or internet , the sound on mixer starts oscillating and sometimes it gets really low so i need to go to the mixer and up the volume of one app to hear it better. Does anyone know what i have to deactivate or do to remove that...
  9. Nothing showing in volume mixer

Nothing showing in volume mixer: Recently sound stopped coming from my headphones so I knew that the volume mixer could be the problem and to my surprise, nothing was there, no chrome, dicord etc so I started looking around on forums and everyone else was apparently a god send and never had the same problem,...
  10. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound mixer applications system sounds off

2. volume mixer empty

3. nothing showing in volume mixer applictaions