Windows 10: Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

Discus and support Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bystrík Královič, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version.

:)

Bystrík Královič, Oct 25, 2021

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Volume Mixer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Are you getting an error message when using volume mixer with mic?

2. Have you made any changes to your computer?

You may also follow the steps below:

• Can you right click on Speaker Icon - Playback Properties -
    • Click in blank area in box -
    • Check show disabled devices & show disconnected devices - look around in there.

We suggest that you disable the Icon try to reboot your PC and then enable the icon. You may also need to reinstall your sounds driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you if a game is permanently muted in volume mixer, then you won’t be getting sound for that particular game. The applications which are having sound option might be listed in the volume mixer if you find those applications in
    the volume mixer separately, then you can adjust the volume of those applications separately.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

1. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage - Similar Threads - Volume mixer saving

2. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  3. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  4. My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save: Yeah, whenever i change the volume for a program in the volume mixer, for some reason it doesn't save. I got windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-changes-to-the-volume-in-the-volume-mixer/f0f483f9-6a8c-41a7-b8da-493d96cc30f2
  5. My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    My changes to the volume in the volume mixer doesn't save: Yeah, whenever i change the volume for a program in the volume mixer, for some reason it doesn't save. I got windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-changes-to-the-volume-in-the-volume-mixer/f0f483f9-6a8c-41a7-b8da-493d96cc30f2
  6. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  7. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  8. Sound-volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  9. Volume Mixer settings not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer settings not saving: I've noticed recently after bumping my volume up to 100% while reducing applications in an attempt for clearer audio that CSGO doesn't retain it's volume setting in the mixer after a reboot. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've heard Ear Trumpet can do this but so far...
  10. Volume Mixer won't save settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....