Windows 10: volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there After I update my windows 10 to 2004, I found volume mixer works good for common exes, but not good for UWP apps e.g. Forza Horizon 4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hyperions, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Hyperions Win User

volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update

Hello there

After I update my windows 10 to 2004, I found volume mixer works good for common exes, but not good for UWP apps e.g. Forza Horizon 4, Groove Music, Microsoft Solitare Collection. If I try to set volume in volume mixer the same in Windows Settings - System - Sound - Advanced Sound Options it will not save my settings after I close apps. Volume will reset automatically when I reopen them. I try that on 4 PCs one of them is virtual machine with new install window 10 2004 and all of them has save problem. This Problem not appares in 1909. Any solves plz?

:)

Hyperions, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Aug 23, 2020
  3. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 23, 2020
  4. volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update

Windows 10 save Volume Mixer settings

I would like Volume Mixer to save my volume settings so I won't have to change it everyday. Any one have a idea to help me out?

Cokelover58, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update

1. volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps after windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - volume mixer saving

2. Fix Windows Volume Mixer not saving settings

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Volume Mixer not saving settings: [IMG]If Windows Volume Mixer is not saving settings then this post is sure to help you resolve the issue. The Windows Volume Mixer is a feature in Windows OS that allows controlling the volume levels of individual applications and system sounds. This feature isn’t available...
  3. Windows 11 not saving volume mixer settings. It always start with 100 even after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not saving volume mixer settings. It always start with 100 even after update.: The mixer settings should be saved so don't have to update them every time... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-saving-volume-mixer-settings-it/26a8f172-211f-454d-a756-09fa1bba35ed
  4. Windows 11 not saving volume mixer settings. It always start with 100 even after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not saving volume mixer settings. It always start with 100 even after update.: The mixer settings should be saved so don't have to update them every time... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-saving-volume-mixer-settings-it/26a8f172-211f-454d-a756-09fa1bba35ed
  5. Volume Mixer doesn't save settings for Some apps. How do I fix it ? Potentially UWP issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Mixer doesn't save settings for Some apps. How do I fix it ? Potentially UWP issue: Long story short, it was working but I had a different issue so I re-installed Windows. After re-install as I was getting my PC back up to speed, I noticed that issues. Tried a lot of things but nothing worked. Re-installed windows, talked to a technician through the Virtual...
  6. Has the 'volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps' bug been resolved in 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has the 'volume mixer not saving settings for UWP apps' bug been resolved in 20H2?: I've kept all my PC on 1909 because of one PC that auto downloaded 2004 update and that one wont save it's sound settings. I called myself going to the fix list but never really saw if there was a resolve for this specific issue. submitted by /u/phreaknes [link]...
  7. Windows 10 volume mixer doesnt save volumes.

Windows 10 volume mixer doesnt save volumes.: I usually lover the notification volume of Discord in the mixer. In the 1909 update it whas fine and working in the way it whas intended. But since the 2004 update every time when I restart Discord the notification volume jumps back to the same percentage as the main volume...
  8. Volume Mixer settings not saving

Volume Mixer settings not saving: I've noticed recently after bumping my volume up to 100% while reducing applications in an attempt for clearer audio that CSGO doesn't retain it's volume setting in the mixer after a reboot. Is there a way to accomplish this? I've heard Ear Trumpet can do this but so far...
  9. Volume Mixer won't save settings

Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....
  10. Windows 10 save Volume Mixer settings

Windows 10 save Volume Mixer settings: I would like Volume Mixer to save my volume settings so I won't have to change it everyday. Any one have a idea to help me out? 16034