Windows 10: Volume Mixer

Discus and support Volume Mixer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caleb_925, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Caleb_925 Win User

Volume Mixer

Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware?

:)

Caleb_925, Jan 4, 2022

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Volume Mixer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Are you getting an error message when using volume mixer with mic?

2. Have you made any changes to your computer?

You may also follow the steps below:

• Can you right click on Speaker Icon - Playback Properties -
    • Click in blank area in box -
    • Check show disabled devices & show disconnected devices - look around in there.

We suggest that you disable the Icon try to reboot your PC and then enable the icon. You may also need to reinstall your sounds driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Volume Mixer

1. Volume Mixer - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer

2. My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer: I am currently trying to play Persona 5 Strikers on my desktop, but when I start the program it does not appear in the volume mixer.ALL other applications appear to be running fine in the mixer, just not the Persona.I have done these steps from another post, without...
  3. My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer: I am currently trying to play Persona 5 Strikers on my desktop, but when I start the program it does not appear in the volume mixer.ALL other applications appear to be running fine in the mixer, just not the Persona.I have done these steps from another post, without...
  4. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  5. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  6. I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer: I installed the Phone Link app on my Windows 11 system a while ago and it now works quite good.As I was looking in the Windows settings of SystemSoundVolume mixer these days, as I was searching how / if Phone Link could be configured, I found an entry under Apps called...
  7. I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer

I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer: I installed the Phone Link app on my Windows 11 system a while ago and it now works quite good.As I was looking in the Windows settings of SystemSoundVolume mixer these days, as I was searching how / if Phone Link could be configured, I found an entry under Apps called...
  8. Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer: I have 2 apps, Playstation Plus and Steam, whose volumes are both stuck at 1 and I can’t hear anything from. Can’t move their sliders. Spotify and System sounds are both at 100 and I can move the sliders just fine...
  9. Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer

Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer: I have 2 apps, Playstation Plus and Steam, whose volumes are both stuck at 1 and I can’t hear anything from. Can’t move their sliders. Spotify and System sounds are both at 100 and I can move the sliders just fine...
  10. When I test volume my speakers on my laptop it works fine yet videos and volume mixer is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I test volume my speakers on my laptop it works fine yet videos and volume mixer is...: When I test volume my speakers on my laptop it works fine yet videos and volume mixer is only at about 1/3 capacity but is showing 100% can you help me? I have tried everything I could find on the web! System Information report written at: 12/12/23 10:46:35 System Name:...