Windows 10: Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while

Discus and support Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I bought AirPods, tried to connect them to my PC with Windows 10 installed and a strange thing started to happen. When anything starts playing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Faniel007, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Faniel007 Win User

Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while

Today I bought AirPods, tried to connect them to my PC with Windows 10 installed and a strange thing started to happen. When anything starts playing, the volume is always at max. It gets really loud and returns to normal when I change the volume in any direction. It does not happen when something keeps playing. I tried restarting, updating drivers and reconnecting. Nothing seems to help.

:)

Faniel007, Mar 26, 2019

2. Volume of Bluetooth earbuds is always at max

Today my Apple Airpods that I use with my laptop began to only output at max volume. Regardless of the position of the volume slider, the Airpods output volume equivalent to level 100. Muting does work, but any other level is too loud. Recently, I updated
    by drivers for Windows and Intel, so I'm thinking that may be the source.

It's fairly annoying because they function more like speakers than earbuds now, and the volume is too high to healthily listen too. Is this an issue with Windows, Intel, Apple, or some combination? I have tried reinstalling my drivers for both Bluetooth
    and Stereo.

CactusDuud, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Volume of Bluetooth earbuds is always at max

As far as I'm aware AirPods don't have an internal volume setting, and this problem only occured recently. I've been using the AirPods as a headset and microphone for half a year and this volume issue hasn't appeared.

CactusDuud, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while

Volume of Bluetooth earbuds is always at max

Hi CactusDuud,

The recent driver update may have caused this behavior of your Apple Airpods. For us to isolate this problem, please try these steps and see if fixes the problem:

1. Right-click the speaker icon on your system tray and click Playback devices.
    2. Select your Apple Airpods, then click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab, then uncheck the Allow application to take exclusive control of this device option.
    4. Click Apply, then OK.

If the issue persists, then I suggest rolling back the driver of your Bluetooth device. Here's how:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Bluetooth.
    3. Right-click your Bluetooth device, then click Properties.
    4. Click the Driver tab, then click the Roll Back Driver
      button.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while

1. Volume of AirPods at max when not playing anything for a while - Similar Threads - Volume AirPods max

2. Volume always plays at max sound after updating despite volume being changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume always plays at max sound after updating despite volume being changed: After updating Windows recently, All sound played on my computer defaults to max volume, despite volume not being max even 2% plays at max volume, 0% mutes all volume, I 'fixed' it by rolling back Windows updates, but now with the security leak on older Windows versions I no...
  3. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

Airpods not playing sound while connected to device: Hello! I bought a Bluetooth usb, so I can connect airpods and listen music with them. It tells me, that they are connected but when i wear them, the sound doesn't appear and the connected sound doesn't appear either which it should also the sound icon in the bottom right...
  4. Setting a max volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a max volume: I'm using a software called "Quiet on the Set" that limits the Windows volume slider to the exact number I want. For example, I set it to 72, and in the volume slider, I can't increase the volume higher than 72. Now the software works, but it sometimes doesn't, and I have...
  5. Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to keep an app playing at max volume?: There's an app which I use and keep running that plays a sound whenever I press a key (i like the sound and it gives confirmation of input) however it gets a little quiet when I turn the volume of my computer down. Is there any way that I can have this app ignore my volume...
  6. Volume stuck at max

Volume stuck at max: I have not been able to control the volume of my AirPods when they are connected to my laptop. They are stuck in max volume and I've tried everything I can think of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-stuck-at-max/cbe668cf-ae4b-4d8b-ab3f-3e4194b19f4c
  7. laptop freezes when volume is on max

laptop freezes when volume is on max: hi everyone! im new here and desperate! i have this laptop that i've been using for quite some time now and is really dependable given the situation. it screeches and freezes when the volume is cranked to max when gaming or watching a movie. when freezing sometimes, i leave...
  8. laptop freezes when volume is on max

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop freezes when volume is on max: hi everyone! im new here and desperate! i have this laptop that i've been using for quite some time now and is really dependable given the situation. it screeches and freezes when the volume is cranked to max when gaming or watching a movie. when freezing sometimes, i leave...
  9. volume not working with airpods

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume not working with airpods: I'm trying to listen to Spotify and I connected my air pods but my volume won't go up or down. It stays as one volume and doesn't change. I can move the volume bar with my mouse but it doesn't change pitch it's just the same volume the whole time. I don't know how to fix it...
  10. Airpods Volume Always at Max

Airpods Volume Always at Max: The volume of my airpods on my dell laptop is always maxed out to 100 no matter where I adjust it. I can only mute the sound otherwise it will always play at max volume. I found a thread from last year that offered solutions to this issue but neither worked for me. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume in airpods maximum when used pc