Windows 10: Volume of sound going down on itself

Discus and support Volume of sound going down on itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As soon as I start playing a sound, the volume slowly goes down to about 5%. When I toggle "Mute" the sound comes back on for about 1 second and goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theo54au, Jul 14, 2020.

1. theo54au Win User

Volume of sound going down on itself

As soon as I start playing a sound, the volume slowly goes down to about 5%. When I toggle "Mute" the sound comes back on for about 1 second and goes down again. I have tried all the solutions that I could find on the web, but no luck yet.
    I have tried all 7 options as outlined here: Fix Volume Automatically Goes Up / Down in Windows 10
    The next track on my playlist starts with full volume, but again, drops after 1 second. This also applies to the sound on e.g. YouTube videos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Volume of sound going down on itself :)
    This issue is NOT happening when playing over Bluetooth or using my headphone.

Windows 10 ver. 2004.19041.329
    Realtec Audio drivers (new)
    New HP Pavilion Laptop

:)

theo54au, Jul 14, 2020

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 volume turns up by itself

Hi,

To fix sound problems in Windows 10, we suggest that you check this article and follow
    the different steps provided in the drop-down list.

In case you need further help, feel free to let us know.

Ronald San, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Volume of sound going down on itself

Volume up/down sound vibrates too much

When I turn the volume sound up or down, the smooth ding sound doesn't ring and instead, a rough version of that sound plays and its really annoying having to shutdown and restart (that usually fixes it). Now, the sound on other things (like YouTube and
    videos on the computer itself) are rough and shaky too!

Is there a way to fix this or am I going to have to keep restarting my computer??

Ahnaf Tahmid, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Volume of sound going down on itself

1. Volume of sound going down on itself - Similar Threads - Volume sound going

2. Volume goes down by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I playing game. It starts going down . My speakers are on 100%. I have run troubleshooting but nothing is coming up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-by-itself/47581b96-55a1-4cbe-8dcc-a6b7c000d669
  3. Volume goes down by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume goes down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I playing game. It starts going down . My speakers are on 100%. I have run troubleshooting but nothing is coming up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-by-itself/47581b96-55a1-4cbe-8dcc-a6b7c000d669
  4. Volume goes up and down by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes up and down by itself.: I wonder if anyone has found a solution to windows automatically changing volume, especially if using web apps i.e. Edge/Chrome/TikTok etc. I'm using windows 11 home edition, fully updated with Windows Update. The sound changing is infuriating and according to web forums only...
  5. Volume going down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume going down: Hello!3 days ago I noticed that when I click the "volume down" button like 3 times the sound gets lowered by 10. This is getting super annoying! Can someone please tell me how to stop this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Volume goes up & down by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume goes up & down by itself: The volume on my pc isn't working when I take part in a zoom meeting or playing back a recording zoom/youtube/webinar. It starts out ok then dips down to almost nothing, then goes up again for a few seconds before going down again. My speakers are on 100%. I have run...
  7. Volume won't go down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume won't go down: I have an alienware r3 15 supporting windows 10, and the volume won't go down. I've tried to lower the volume using my keyboard's functions, and it goes down steadily, but if I release the buttons, the sound goes right back up to 100. In the top right of my screen, the volume...
  8. Volume turning itself up and down

Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  9. volume keeps turning down by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...
  10. Volume going up by itself

Volume going up by itself: The volume on my computer is going up by itself. When I try to lower the volume, it just goes back up. It started about 30 minutes after installing Dolphin Emulator. I tried uninstalling Dolphin, reinstalling the audio drivers, and running a system restore. Nothing has worked...