Windows 10: Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up

Discus and support Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC was recently upgraded to 1809. Every time I power-down and power back up, the volume resets to 30, when it was previously set to 15. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nobody-important, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up

My PC was recently upgraded to 1809. Every time I power-down and power back up, the volume resets to 30, when it was previously set to 15. This behavior does not appear to happen on restarts. It's not a major bug, but it needs to be fixed.

On 1803, this behavior was not present.

In case it matters, this is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit running on Intel 6-series / Ivy Bridge hardware. The sound card is a Creative X-Fi Titanium.

:)

nobody-important, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Joe Men Win User

Lumia 550 problems with hard reset and power/volume buttons

Hello
    Simon

The lightning bolt and gear symbol on your Luima 500 means that your phone is unresponsive.

If your phone has a memory card, trying removing it.

If the issues persists after removing the memory card, reset your phone by doing the following:

• Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
    • When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
    • Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone
      should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
    Let us know what happens after doing the mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Joe Men, Dec 14, 2018
  3. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Dec 14, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up

Power and volume icon greyed out

Did you go through steps #11 to #15 including Restart ?

I just used the Disable Power download and after restart, it gone.
    I am now going to run the Enable Power Download to bring it back.

Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up

1. Volume on 1809 resets to 30 after power-down / power-up - Similar Threads - Volume 1809 resets

2. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  3. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  4. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuttering/Skipping after power down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering/Skipping after power down: Hello Microsoft community, I've been having an incredibly frustrating issue ever since updating to windows 10. About a two months ago I dug an older computer out of the closet and decided to update it so to start using it. Prior to windows 10 this issue never happened. As...
  6. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  7. Powering down PC resets BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powering down PC resets BIOS: Hi guys, weird issue here and hoping someone has any ideas to why. I typically remove power from my PC whenever I go out of town due to power outages that sometimes plague my area (yes, I have a UPS, still…). Down time here was 3 days. Anyway, after restoring power and...
  8. power down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power down: app preventing shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-down/89091f3d-eb7c-405e-a430-b334c506ebf0
  9. Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time: Anyone know any fixes for this issue? One of the problems is by the time it is booted up, there is only about 25 minutes to work on it before it switches off...
  10. Power & Volume Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Power & Volume Icons: How do I show the power icon and volume icons on the taskbar notification area? I have tried properties - customize - turn system icons on or off But the power/battery and volume icon are greyed out. Win 10 pro (upgraded from Win 7 Pro) 29017