Windows 10: Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

Discus and support Volume on Microphone randomly spikes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using steam voice chat and my microphone's volume keeps spiking really loudly, sometimes when I'm not even near my laptop. Please help. have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strawkat, May 8, 2019.

1. strawkat Win User

Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

Using steam voice chat and my microphone's volume keeps spiking really loudly, sometimes when I'm not even near my laptop. Please help. have a Microsoft surface pro, bought just last year.

:)

strawkat, May 8, 2019

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, May 8, 2019
  3. Volume randomly spikes up to 100 % sometimes.

Hello Beaver,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the computer you are using?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to an external or internal microphone?
    • Is this a problem with Windows Sounds, Games, Audio/Video playback or all sounds when you say 'volume spike'?

As an initial recommendation, boot the computer in safe mode with networking, and check if the issue still persist.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using. Follow the steps outlined in the below Microsoft Help link.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows

Once this is done, reboot the computer in normal mode and check.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Volume on Microphone randomly spikes - Similar Threads - Volume Microphone randomly

2. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  3. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  4. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  6. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  7. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  8. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Internet randomly spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet randomly spikes: Here’s what I know. I tried flushing my dns and it helped just for a little bit. I am using a dongle rn, because my card does not use the 5g internet. The dongle is connected to a usb 3.0. My router is the furthest distance in my house. I pay for 300 MBs, sometimes I barely...
  10. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume: I'm trying to fix my microphone volume and yes, I did go into control panels recording, levels, etc... But after I put in the values for the microphone volume it keeps changing back to the default values. Any solutions to lock the volume? submitted by /u/DogEater694206912...