Windows 10: Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.

Discus and support Volume only increases, volume down no longer works. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Razer keyboard and a Logitech headset with volume wheels and both will only increase the volume, it won't lower. as in I spin the volume wheel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erinalope, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Erinalope Win User

Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.

I have a Razer keyboard and a Logitech headset with volume wheels and both will only increase the volume, it won't lower. as in I spin the volume wheel up, it goes up, I spin it down and nothing happens, its like volume down somehow became unbound from its shortcut/API.

2 volume knobs and multiple audio output devices tested and its consistent across all combinations. I've also rebound my volume down on my keyboard to a key and it types fine when I scroll it, so they key press IS BEING PASSED TO WINDOWS. I've started removing excess and recently installed software to no avail. my next diagnostic step is to just reinstall windows and thats a day of my life gone so I'm hoping for a solution.

I've googled this issue and the only other instance is a toms hardware post that got no replies.

This is exacerbated by the fact that it is somehow 2019 and Microsoft still has not put volume up and down short cuts into windows, or even has an shortcut control panel.

my windows Version 10.0.17763.316

:)

Erinalope, Mar 5, 2019

2. Software for increase volume

hello

I am Looking for a good software to increase volume for a videos.

Thanks a lot.

titan_zero, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Rahzii Win User

Volume randomly increases

After I start a video, the volume will suddenly increase. It will work fine until I pause and then play again. It shows no change in the volume indicator. It stays at the same volume level (25, 47, etc.) but the volume is much higher. Anyone know how to
    fix this?

Rahzii, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Volume only increases, volume down no longer works. - Similar Threads - Volume increases volume

2. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  3. volume mixer keeps increasing and decreasing volume at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume mixer keeps increasing and decreasing volume at random: for some reason volume mixer lowers and raises the volume and is anoying please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer-keeps-increasing-and-decreasing/4fb7a837-dba4-46dc-91cb-d528296fea4d
  4. volume mixer keeps increasing and decreasing volume at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume mixer keeps increasing and decreasing volume at random: for some reason volume mixer lowers and raises the volume and is anoying please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer-keeps-increasing-and-decreasing/4fb7a837-dba4-46dc-91cb-d528296fea4d
  5. only my volume down button isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    only my volume down button isnt working: My volume up key is working but volume down isnt working please tell me the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-my-volume-down-button-isnt-working/6cdc0c5c-2845-460a-a89c-399bd851ca5f
  6. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  7. Volume suddenly increases while the volume number is the same.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume suddenly increases while the volume number is the same.: Hello. I am on Win10 latest updates, but this issue goes back several years to me.The issue: I usually use the volume at around 12 with my headset. However, sometimes the volume suddenly doubles it gets really loud, so I perceive at around 24, but the volume number still is...
  8. Volume auto increase troubles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume auto increase troubles.: So the other day I bought a JLAB talk microphone and Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headset to replace my older stuff. I plugged both devices in, got the razer drivers installed and everything. Both devices work just fine. Later that night after setting it up, the widget...
  9. Only Volume down key is not working while others are doing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only Volume down key is not working while others are doing: f7 volume down key is not working after getting a recent update. Others are doing. Performing troubleshooting and keyboard drivers update or install are not helping....
  10. Increase audio volume

Increase audio volume: How can I increase the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop more than the volume control on the task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-audio-volume/2e684bd8-1885-44cb-bee3-82caef068e5b