Windows 10: Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game

Discus and support Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, When the small black volume overlay top left of my screen appears while I play League of Legends this problem only happens when I'm on THAT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vatzo, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Vatzo Win User

Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game

Hello,
    When the small black volume overlay top left of my screen appears while I play League of Legends this problem only happens when I'm on THAT game, it reduces my FPS drastically but only when the overlay is visible. It's getting annoying because after every 4 times, it permanently stays low and I always have to Alt+Tab out of the game and come back in to reset my FPS. Also, I recently did the most recent update so I hope that's the problem.

:)

Vatzo, Mar 18, 2021
  2. sammoo3 Win User

game bar volume control overlay

I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay
    won't go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game c1fc1bc3-bde1-4c22-8b4e-43f826c65c60?upload=true.jpg

sammoo3, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game

Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume.

Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume. What to do??????????? Anybody give some suggestion or request microsoft to provide an update with this issue
    solved......................................... I Use Nokia Lumia 520 (Yellow).........

Thank You...

The Inspironatic Guy, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game

1. Volume overlay lowering FPS on a specific game - Similar Threads - Volume overlay lowering

2. Lower fps after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower fps after reset: So i reset my laptop yesterday and i have been getting less fps than before and it is more stable and I used to get 450-500 fps and now i barely get 450fps. I have checked all updates and driver updates and are all up to date...
  3. Lower fps after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps after reset: So I had reset my laptop yesterday and i have noticed i have been getting less stable fps and usually i would get constant 450-500 fps now it can barely reach up to 450fps....
  4. Lower fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  5. Lower fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  6. Background app volume lowered while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background app volume lowered while gaming: When running games in full screen mode Windows 10 lowers the volume of every other application running in the background. Some trouble shooting results:This is not limited to VOIP apps like skype but also Mozilla, VLC player as well. Tinkering with the communication tab in...
  7. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...
  8. Backgroun app volume lowered while gaming

Backgroun app volume lowered while gaming: When running games in full screen mode Windows 10 lowers the volume of every other application running in the background. Some trouble shooting results: This is not limited to VOIP apps like skype but also Mozilla, VLC player as well. Tinkering with the communication tab in...
  9. game bar volume control overlay

game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  10. Volume Bar Overlay

Volume Bar Overlay: Hi, How can I remove this? I don't always need to know the exact number that the volume is on, I can tell by using my ears that it is too loud or quiet at that particular moment. Thanks. [ATTACH]...