Windows 10: Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Discus and support Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JenY, May 14, 2020.

1. JenY Win User

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message.

It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I have no way to go back to the store where I purchased it to sort out a valid licence and I don't have access to any of the boxes/documentation at the moment.

Q1: From my little understanding, purchasing a new licence is my only option. Is this correct?

Q2: Assuming I do need to purchase a new licence, is there any issue with purchasing a HOME license if the machine currently has a PRO license on it?

Q3: Is there a cheaper option for students as this laptop is used primarily for school work?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, this was an unexpected development in our adventures in home learning and this is all a foreign language to me.

:)

2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 14, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 14, 2020
  4. Twist3d83 Win User

windows 10 pro volume license

where can i get windows 10 pro volume license at?

Twist3d83, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10) - Similar Threads - Volume PRO license

2. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  3. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  4. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  6. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  7. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home: Yesterday my Win10 Pro license which I've had for years was downgraded to Home. What caused the downgrade and how do I get the Pro license back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-downgraded-to-home/d63d57af-b758-4eca-9eeb-f31a62c9e481
  10. windows 10 pro volume license

windows 10 pro volume license: I want to know the price for purchase volume license for windows10 pro for 250 users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-volume-license/9e117d92-9f71-4147-8ccf-2b676b5998fc