Windows 10: Volume resetting

Discus and support Volume resetting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue where my volume jumps up when an advert plays on youtube. It happens during other streams, too. The bar is set to about 30% and youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crispin Slitt, May 20, 2024.

1. Volume resetting

I have an issue where my volume jumps up when an advert plays on youtube. It happens during other streams, too. The bar is set to about 30% and youtube is set low. After the volume jump, i grab the system volume slider and as soon as the pointer hits the slider, the volume drops to the 30% it was without sliding it. Visually, it always says 30% but jumps in volume to about 45% and at night, this can disturb others sleeping. I have tried some of the fixes posted here. Disable coms. Windows default sounds set. Aside from disabling the drivers or uninstalling them, nothing else has worked.Any ide

:)

Crispin Slitt, May 20, 2024

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 20, 2024
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, May 20, 2024
  4. johnhawke Win User

Volume resetting

After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out.

About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a year, my computer became unresponsive during normal use. After a forced hard reset, I was taken to a black screen with the 0xc00000e error, telling me that a required device was inaccessible. After a quick Google search, I found many answers saying that this problem was because of a corrupted boot record.

I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft. First, I attempted automated startup recovery. This didn't work. Then I attempted to use bootrec to fix the problem. This resulted in the tool telling me that no Windows installations were detected.

I decided then to open diskpart. The disk itself was detected, but whenever I listed volumes, nothing showed up for that disk. No partitions or volumes were listed.

I've since recovered the drive by flashing a Clonezilla image that I had as a backup, so everything is up and running now. However, I am curious as to why this problem keeps happening. I've downloaded the diagnostic tools from Plextor for my disk, and it says that everything is fine. I've also run a Windows memory diagnostic, which has returned no errors.

My assumption is that the hard reset is causing some kind of partition table corruption. But, that still leaves the issue of why the computer is freezing up to begin with unsolved. Any suggestions/possible causes to investigate would be much appreciated!

johnhawke, May 20, 2024
Thema:

Volume resetting

1. Volume resetting - Similar Threads - Volume resetting

2. How to stop Windows from resetting my app volume and device preferences custom settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows from resetting my app volume and device preferences custom settings?: Hi everyone,so i've set some custom settings on "System>Audio>Advanced audio option", but i've noticed that at random times those get reseted back to default option.idk why this happens and it's particularly annoying because i use those custom settings to separate different...
  3. How to stop Windows from resetting my app volume and device preferences custom settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows from resetting my app volume and device preferences custom settings?: Hi everyone,so i've set some custom settings on "System>Audio>Advanced audio option", but i've noticed that at random times those get reseted back to default option.idk why this happens and it's particularly annoying because i use those custom settings to separate different...
  4. How to stop Windows from resetting my app volume and device preferences custom settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume resetting: I have an issue where my volume jumps up when an advert plays on youtube. It happens during other streams, too. The bar is set to about 30% and youtube is set low. After the volume jump, i grab the system volume slider and as soon as the pointer hits the slider, the volume...
  6. Volume resetting

Volume resetting: I have an issue where my volume jumps up when an advert plays on youtube. It happens during other streams, too. The bar is set to about 30% and youtube is set low. After the volume jump, i grab the system volume slider and as soon as the pointer hits the slider, the volume...
  7. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%: When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I...
  8. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%: When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I...
  9. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset

SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset: Hi all,My laptop was crashing VERY regularly. I decided to factory reset it and I set that process going. Midway through the reset the laptop crashed. When I tried to turn it on again it said it couldn't boot. I assume windows was half deleted or something.I downloaded a new...