Windows 10: Volume/Screen Dimming

Discus and support Volume/Screen Dimming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes the volume down button dims the screen momentarily while the volume up button does nothing. Onset: Randomly after Windows 10 boots and user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HunterWi, May 19, 2020.

1. HunterWi Win User

Volume/Screen Dimming

Sometimes the volume down button dims the screen momentarily while the volume up button does nothing.

Onset: Randomly after Windows 10 boots and user logs in.

Provoking: No idea. Occurs with and without Bluetooth keyboard/pen connected

Quality: The problem continues after startup without return to normal function.

Radiation: Does not seem to affect other functions.

Time: Ongoing for > 1 year.

This problem will usually correct itself after restarting the Surface but it can take multiple restarts to correct the issue.

This is one of the most annoying Windows problems I've ever encountered and I've found 0 resources on resolving this issue.

:)

HunterWi, May 19, 2020
  2. Fool Win User

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

3. Lumia 950 XL Screen Dims Periodically

Thanks for the additional info.

Matt 950XL, May 19, 2020
  4. Joe Men Win User

Volume/Screen Dimming

Lumia 950 XL Screen Dims Periodically

My phone, which is running on the Windows Insider build has the Never option. I now know that the official builds lack the said option in the screen time out settings. Hopefully the mentioned option will be included in the future official
    builds.

Thank you for the information.

If the Battery saver option is enabled on your phone, try disabling it. Then, observe if it still going to dim.

If the phone is still dimming after doing the provided troubleshooting steps, submit a feedback using the
    Feedback Hub app. You can contribute in helping Windows Mobile become better by submitting your suggestions and concern using the said app. Access the this app in the App list menu or by pressing and holding the
    Volume down + Power keys for two to three seconds.

Feel free to post back if you additional queries and thank you.

Joe Men, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Volume/Screen Dimming

1. Volume/Screen Dimming - Similar Threads - Volume Screen Dimming

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Screen Dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Dimming: I'm just trying to fix my screen from dimming all the way down after a few seconds of being powered on EVERY TIME I USE IT. I've researched forums and have found that nothing helps. I have Windows 10 installed, no updates needed, and my device does not have the option of...
  7. Dimming Screen

Dimming Screen: Hello, I have this problem with my Surface Pro 7 computer. When I switch to a dark screen the screen dims and when i then go back to a bright screen it becomes bright again. Its draining through my battery. I already have disabled the setting that says Adjust brightness when...
  8. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  9. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  10. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-screen/229140df-7839-4113-9130-6b0f03674361