Windows 10: Volume settings never remembered

Discus and support Volume settings never remembered in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; every time I play a video, a game, anything with audio, It always plays at full volume, regardless of what my current volume is set as. If I make ANY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Snake Hollywood, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Volume settings never remembered

every time I play a video, a game, anything with audio, It always plays at full volume, regardless of what my current volume is set as. If I make ANY adjustment, up or down, the volume will then jump to my current setting.

So lets say my volume level is currently set at 20%
    I play a video on youtube, it starts at full volume, I then touch the volume button, and it then adjusts back to 20%
    when the next video plays, the same will happen.

I have a Dell XPS AIO PC, so the only way I can adjust the volume is from Windows, there are no physical volume buttons.

:)

Snake Hollywood, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Volume settings never remembered

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Volume settings never remembered

1. Volume settings never remembered - Similar Threads - Volume settings never

2. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  3. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  4. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  6. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  7. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

8. Windows10 not always remembering App Volume Device Preference settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 not always remembering App Volume Device Preference settings: Windows10 all builds since 1803 not always remembering custom sound settings. This is an issue I see on both my PCs (builds 1909 and 2003). Originally Intel builds, now AMD. Same across all. I use Voicemeeter fairly extensively. VM Banana on one and VM Potato on the other PC...
  9. Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?

Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?: My computer's master volume seems to have no effect on my zoom/teams calls. Fortunately, I managed to find a workaround by changing the individual app volume in the sound mixer options. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't remember my app volume levels, so I have to do this every...
  10. Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%: Hey guys, Im getting really desperate here. Volume Mixer does not remember whatever I set it to, eg. I have Chrome on 25% but whenever I restart the program it just jumps back to 100%. The same with all other apps or programs. Ive tried all google has to offer me, such as;...